Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Crash Dump

wildman424

I was getting ready to delete all my temp files, I found a mbam.exe crash dump.  Created this morning 4/14/2020 7:56am

I'm going to upload for you. Question is should I password protect it and pm you the password, or just attach the 7zip archive as is?

filename:   mbam.exe.10136.dmp

Edited by wildman424
added filename for dump file

Thanks for letting us know, @wildman424.

Could you run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and gather logs, please: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023453-Upload-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool-logs-manually

Also, do you recall what was taking place at the time the dump was created? Are you able to reproduce this crash?

I have no ideal what was going on when the crash occurred. I may have been away from the computer when it happened. I didn't find the crash dump until I was about to delete all temp files with Ccleaner, it was in the results list or I would have missed it.  I did have a strange system crash last night that was difficult to recover from. No ideal what caused that, There isn't any crash dumps. I'm still looking through EventViewer.

I haven't been able to get the support tool to zip the logs, It runs up to that point and then fails. I will try again to get those logs into you.

@LiquidTension

I still can't get your support tool to finish and produce mbst-grab-results.zip for you.I don't know what else to try to get your support tool to do its thing. Windows built in zip tool works fine. I use 7zip it works fine.  Where is it trying to create this file? Could I possibly have some folder/file permissions out of wack somewhere?

Untitled.jpg.41eb4227d850705f0a18ab6ce2c547fd.jpg

Hi @wildman424,

Please check %temp%\mwb*tmp (* is a wildcard representing random characters) for mbst-grab-results.zip (it may be that the zip file was created but could not be moved to the Desktop). if the zip file doesn't exist, please provide the mb-support-log.txt file that you should find inside the same folder.

Could you run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool as well please: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039025013-Run-Farbar-Recovery-Scan-Tool-to-gather-logs

Edited by LiquidTension