Malwarebytes for iOS: I have a problem

Massimiliano

I opened mine to the dashboard and it said I was “Current” but when I went to the info page it still shows 1.0.202040420. The others are the same as everybody else’s.

Returning to Dashboard, it still said “Current” but when I clicked the arrows rotated and Call Protection is now 1.0.2020040517, so apparently seven more updates have taken place over the last nine hours or so and nothing was pushed to me in the background.

4 hours ago, MAXBAR1 said:

I will try to leave it open in the background until midday tomorrow to see what happens.

Just FYI, Apple recommends leaving all apps open in the background to conserve energy and speed up your experience in not having to expend time and battery life to relaunch an app each time you need it. Doing so won’t slow your use or cause RAM issues in doing so.

I wasn’t quite sure what “problems” were being addressed. Is it strictly the Call Protection pushes issue that we’ve been talking about or are their also problems with the other’s being so old. I see that AdBlocker got an update.

• Staff
15 hours ago, alvarnell said:

Just FYI, Apple recommends leaving all apps open in the background to conserve energy and speed up your experience in not having to expend time and battery life to relaunch an app each time you need it. Doing so won’t slow your use or cause RAM issues in doing so.

Yes, in fact, you really should not be force quitting apps on iOS without a very specific reason. Doing so with our app will definitely prevent it from updating itself in the background. Just let iOS manage the apps for you, and don't get hung up on things like how much memory an app is using. Let iOS do its thing unimpeded.

Updating in the background can be a bit of a problem even if you don't force quit the app, as iOS gives our app very little time per day for updating. One thing you can do to ensure the app gets more time to update is to add the Security News widget to the Today view:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207122

21 minutes ago, treed said:

One thing you can do to ensure the app gets more time to update is to add the Security News widget to the Today view:

My app is always active in the background with the update active.
I activated the widget as suggested. It is the only active Widget, I don't use other widgets but I hope this helps the work of your app.