Windows Action Centre thinks Malwarebytes V4 is not running

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I upgraded to v4 of Malwarebytes yesterday and it seems to be running just fine. However since I booted up my machine this morning Windows Action Centre has claimed that Malwarebytes is not running even though it is (and has even carried out its daily scheduled scan). Trying to switch Malwarebytes "on" in Action Centre has no effect - it still thinks that Malwarebytes is off. This is no more than a minor annoyance, but does anyone have any ideas on how I might fix it?

Unfortunately on booting up again this morning Windows once again thinks that Malwarebytes is not running. No doubt I can fix it again the same way as last time, but doing that every day after booting up would quickly become tedious. (I like to switch my PC off overnight.)

Greetings,

Until a permanent solution for this issue is found, you could unregister Malwarebytes from the Windows Action Center by switching the option off in Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes' tray application will continue to monitor itself, and by default it will display a notification as well as an alert status indicator on the icon itself whenever any protection components are disabled this way at least you will know that it is being monitored and reported accurately without having any false reports from Action Center.

Here is an example of the notification you will see whenever any real-time protection component has been disabled:

protectionalert.png.5d7a08b724729e78ac36f9c300f7caf6.png

And here is what the status indicator on the tray icon looks like whenever there is an issue that warrants an alert status, including whenever any real-time protection components have been disabled/aren't active:

alertstatus.png.2c58cce19aecb725923b4dd6e3ae8e81.png

Of course these alerts still show up when Action Center/Security Center is monitoring Malwarebytes, however I just wanted to let you know that Malwarebytes does self-monitor and will alert you any time anything is amiss with its protection so that you don't have to rely solely on the Windows Action Center/Security Center just in case you were not aware.

Hi @JHall,

Thanks for the report.

Does this only occur at startup? What if you exit out of Malwarebytes (right-click the notification area icon and click Quit Malwarebytes) and then relaunch it? Does Windows Action Center still report the status incorrectly?

Please do the following:

Edited by LiquidTension

I see that there's another thread on this issue: "W7 error Mal not turned on", where the Malwarebytes team have acknowledged that there is a problem.

I've tried exiting and restarting Malwarebytes as suggested, and this does indeed set the Action Status correctly after a minute or so. I''ll assume that you have all the diagnostic data that you need from the other thread, so will leave it at that.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font isuse