mbam real time module memory usage

Whenever the database size changes, so does the memory usage of the Protection Module as it loads the entire DB into memory, this is normal, and will decrease when Marcin does another database optimization (ie removing obsolete detections and improving heuristic detection patterns, thus a reduction in the total number of fingerprints :) ).

I don't think the DB is going to get smaller with whats out there in malware! Here's the current size: http://www.malwarebytes.org/malwarenet.php of the Detection List. I've been beta testing every ver. since 1.33+ to date.

I had the same answer exile360 posted above, in another pc in a text file, just could not get to that notebook then. regards..

A few second after I finish manually updating the database,the memory usage of mbamservice.exe rises up to 60mb and then it will stay at 47mb.

Normally,this process only use about 27mb of memory.So is this a memory leak?

What is the memory use after a reboot? Does it go back to ~27MB or is it now 47MB? If it's 47MB, that would validate what you're being told by yardbird and exile360; although, it seems like a big one time jump.

• 1 month later...