REAL OR FAKE MALWAREBYTES

Hello
I downloaded Malwarebytes and recently purchased the premium version. Now, I'm afraid I am not using a real version if it is possible? It all seems a little sketchy. I downloaded it I hope from the real website. Now purchased the premium for one year for 39,99€ and got a license key that worked. However, it looked like my email wasn't registered on the website or in other words, maybe wasn't necessary while downloading Malwarebytes. I was transferred to a site to buy the license and I think it is legit because I then created an account and put in the key and it said: "already in use". So that would mean I have the legit Malwarebytes?  Yet, when I did the purchase I used my email address and I never received an email for the purchase. 
The last thing was when it asked me to access my settings in the computer so it would protect me from malware and block apps, I allowed it because it would make sense. 
I'm just really afraid, because of past issues
Thank you

1 minute ago, adas said:

Hi @bea___m,

Be sure to include information about the purchase and email used.

Hi, I just tried but I cannot verify that I'm not a robot, the box with the images never appears.

I deleted Malwarebytes and redownloaded it and the original page that I had reopened and I still had my premium subscription. It should be fine right? 

Everything sounds right except that you should have received an e-mail message from "cleverbridge / MALWAREBYTES <no-reply@cleverbridge.com>" confirming your purchase along with your Malwarebytes Premium license Key.

You may also have received an e-mail directly from Malwarebytes suggestion you set up an account to view your subscriptions, manage email communication settings, and more. You should still be able to do that at https://my.malwarebytes.com/users/setup_account.

5 minutes ago, adas said:

Hi @Gt-truth,

Version 3.8.x was released on April 30 > https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3196

we can download the latest version from  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3-mac

Thanks @adas . I though this version3.8  is for windows . my bad for hijack this topic .all of my replies can be removed from this topic .

Edited by Gt-truth

• Staff
14 hours ago, alvarnell said:

Everything sounds right except that you should have received an e-mail message from "cleverbridge / MALWAREBYTES <no-reply@cleverbridge.com>" confirming your purchase along with your Malwarebytes Premium license Key.

I'm not 100% well-versed in exactly what senders are used for these messages, but I know it'll no longer be from Cleverbridge in many cases. Much or most of the new purchasing has been shifted to Avangate.

• Staff
15 hours ago, bea___m said:

I downloaded Malwarebytes and recently purchased the premium version. Now, I'm afraid I am not using a real version if it is possible? It all seems a little sketchy.

Did you download from malwarebytes.com, or from somewhere else? Can you provide more details about what seemed sketchy?

it looked like my email wasn't registered on the website or in other words, maybe wasn't necessary while downloading Malwarebytes.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say it "wasn't registered on the website." Can you provide details?

when I did the purchase I used my email address and I never received an email for the purchase.

You should definitely receive an e-mail about the purchase. Are you certain that you entered the e-mail address correctly, and have you checked your spam folder to see if it went there? 

The last thing was when it asked me to access my settings in the computer so it would protect me from malware and block apps, I allowed it because it would make sense. 

That's completely normal. On recent versions of macOS, you are required by Apple to manually approve the system extension that does all active protection. You should have seen the exact sequence of steps described in steps 11 through 16 here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2634

19 hours ago, alvarnell said:

You may also have received an e-mail directly from Malwarebytes suggestion you set up an account to view your subscriptions, manage email communication settings, and more. You should still be able to do that at https://my.malwarebytes.com/users/setup_account.

I got an email after I created an account. I think I may have put the mail wrongly which I find highly doubtful.

however the informations and all on my malwarebytes app seems legit and I have been always sent to the real website. Everything seems okey

i hope it is

4 hours ago, treed said:

Did you download from malwarebytes.com, or from somewhere else? Can you provide more details about what seemed sketchy?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say it "wasn't registered on the website." Can you provide details?

You should definitely receive an e-mail about the purchase. Are you certain that you entered the e-mail address correctly, and have you checked your spam folder to see if it went there? 

That's completely normal. On recent versions of macOS, you are required by Apple to manually approve the system extension that does all active protection. You should have seen the exact sequence of steps described in steps 11 through 16 here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2634

I downloded from malwarebytes 100% sure

when I downloaded malwarebytes into my computer I didn’t create an account. you can downloead malwarebytes without creating an account

i’m not 100% the mail is correctly entered as I never recieved an email but got the key license and it is working