I'm no Opera user but...

exile360

Interesting, but a bit long winded for an advert.

I do have Opera mini (Javascript browser) on an old phone with the Bada OS, but only because other modern browsers don't support that OS.

12 hours ago, nukecad said:

Interesting, but a bit long winded for an advert.

Yep, that's because it's not a normal ad.  It was basically done as a kind of mini movie similar to what some other vendors have done in the past for some of their efforts like Microsoft with Inori Aizawa:

It makes some strong points about security and advertising and how we as a society tend to become accustomed to things we might have once considered intolerable at one time.  I remember a time not too long ago when any vendor doing the kinds of things now being done openly by some of the largest tech companies in the world would have been ostracized as a scammer/adware peddler/spyware pusher and at the very least blocked/categorized as PUP if not straight up malware (especially early on before such items were separated and reclassified from normal threats/infections).  The world today is very different, and we have the choice of either accepting it and giving them permission to continue to escalate this behavior by keeping our silence or even excusing it/rationalizing it, or we can take a stand against it and let them and the rest of the world know that it is not acceptable and that we will not tolerate it.  I know for certain what the outcome will be if we do the former, and while it is very likely that it may not be any different if we choose to do the latter, there is at least a glimmer of hope that things may change for the better or at least not get quite as bad (or maybe at least not quite so quickly) if enough of us do allow our voices to be heard in some way, whether that be by making different choices in the software, hardware and services we use, or by informing others and taking action in other ways like pushing for legislation to eliminate or at least restrict these activities.  Having been in and around the tech industry for as long as I have, I'll be the first to acknowledge that most of what they are doing is relatively harmless on its own and there generally is not any true malicious intent behind it, however I also know the very real dangers if and when this kind of information falls into the hands of those who would abuse it and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I broke down and got a smartphone about two and a half years ago now.  I use Opera for my browser on it and I love it.  

I used to use it on my computer but I haven’t downloaded it since I moved yet.  I mostly use Firefox in private mode.