Another bugged update!!

I dont let anything update automatically on my PC. So yesterday I checked MB to see if there was any updates, and it did. But once installed the update prevented the gui to appear.

So I uninstalled it and installed a freshly downloaded version from MB site. Everything seemed to be okay until I started my PC this morning. The old CPU hogging bug came back

and the gui still wouldnt appear!!

So after years of irritation over your unfinished  v3 "BETA" product I am uninstalling it for good. I am sick and tired of being forced into beta testing. I dont have W10 for the exact same reason!

Seriously though, I never had problems like that than now with your v3 crap!

If your new pricing wont make you lose customers, your "constantly" bugged crap should do the trick.

BTW, I've been through the other bugs without saying anything. So if anyone finds this post a bit harsh, well, too bad!!

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience with the software.  I can definitely relate being a Windows 7 user myself and having to deal with the various issues that have arisen throughout various Malwarebytes 3 releases in the past (including the recurring system shutdown/startup delay/occasional hang/freeze issue which was there, then fixed, then back again, then fixed, then back yet again on several occasions throughout the past year+).

I haven't experienced too many problems with the most recent release save for a compatibility issue with one of my system manufacturer's hardware control/overclocking applications which I was thankfully able to resolve by configuring Malwarebytes to delay the startup of its protection for 30 seconds (my system is pretty fast as you can see from the specs listed in my signature, so a longer delay may be required for others, but 30 seconds works for me because that gives all my other apps plenty of time to start/become resident and settle down before Malwarebytes starts):

delay.png.ee28589279d4cdd95842f58ab2f1e745.png

I realize you've opted to uninstall the software, but just in case you decide to give it a shot on your own system (and of course for any other users who might be affected by a similar problem) I wanted to post the setting just in case it is of any use to you.

One more thing worth mentioning is that if you have a lifetime license and don't want it to completely go to waste you can simply disable protection from running at startup and just use the scanner and scheduler as an automatic second opinion scanner, and of course you may test with disabling the various individual protection components to see if any one or combination of settings resolves the issue for you since some protection is still better than none (as long as it is stable, obviously).

Hello and Welcome @lurch234

Certainly understand your frustration, and of course your welcome to do what you want with your computer..

That being said, reviewing all your previous posts, you have never submitted logs for review.  It could certainly just be a conflict of some sort on your computer with what you run on your system.

Its possible it could all be resolved by the team, if they were given a chance simply by you providing the requested logs above.... of course that is totally up to you.

reviewing all your previous posts, you have never submitted logs for review

Then you must have missed the post where I said I had no intention of doing  their job. Which means, as if it wasn't already obvious, that I won't waste my time with logs or system specs.

All was fine before they decided to bring out a v3. v2 was a fine piece of software.

and of course your welcome to do what you want with your computer.. 

Quite right. And I keep my machine in top shape. So when something bugs out I can generally pinpoint it quickly. Which is, again,  pretty obvious when your PC bugs out just after an update.

And to be honest this app was just sitting there eating resources for nothing. I not only practice safe web browsing but I am certainly not of the idiotic types that have to click on everything and get hacked, phished or enslaved in a botnet. And the only time I was hit by a drive by trojan it was my Eset product that saved my bacon. Not MB.

So thank you Mr @Firefox  for the reply but as stated above if you would've noticed my opinion about helping the Staff with their betas I wouldn't have to respond to this post of yours.

Because I wasn't looking for an argument. I Just wanted to express my feelings to these people.

Btw, I use to hang around a few semi tech forums and many stopped using v3 altogether. But just like MS you won't be listening. The big difference is that I can live without MB.

Thank you @exile360  for your reply. It is appreciated because I can denote the underlying empathy.

if you have a lifetime license and don't want it to completely go to waste you can simply disable protection from running at startup and just use the scanner and scheduler as an automatic second opinion scanner

I do have a lifetime license. But I don't consider getting rid of a recurring problem a waste. And I already have three other on demand scanners. What I was interested in is having another real time detection! I also have a fast machine. Old and new components, but fast. An SSD will do wonders on Boot time and I also have a GTX 1060 6GB ^_^

Yeah, say what you will for powerful CPUs, fast RAM, and powerful graphics cards, but an SSD is the single most significant upgrade one can make to a system if they want to improve the boot time of a machine exponentially; especially modern NVMe (PCIe) SSDs; but even SATA SSDs still far outclass any mechanical HDD (even the fastest 15K RPM drives).  It's the most noticeable change a person can make to their system to really see and 'feel' the difference in a system's boot times (though it doesn't impact program loading times/seek times to quite the same degree even though it is obviously still quite a bit faster than any standard mechanical HDD).

1 hour ago, lurch234 said:

Because I wasn't looking for an argument. I Just wanted to express my feelings to these people.

No argument by me, and sorry you took my statements that way... As I already stated, its your computer and you seem to have a good handle on what your doing.

• Root Admin

Thank you for your feedback but as I'm sure you're aware there are millions of configurations out there and without us monitoring your computer like Windows 10 does there is no way to automatically fix whatever it is that is causing an issue for your system. If you do change your mind though and wish to allow us to assist you, we're here. You can send me logs via private message too if wanted. 

Thank you again for your time and feedback @lurch234

Ron