Which version of Malwarebytes should I have?

Which version of Malwarebytes should I have if I'm an individual freelancer,   using less than 5 devices (like two or three laptops I may use for work purposes)?  

Would this change if I became an  employee  for an organization and still use my own devices for work? (Such as for working remotely?)

Edited by YvetteS

Hello and Welcome!

If I am not mistaken, you should be fine with just the consumer version of Malwarebytes on your 5 devices... since you own them and you would be using them (if you got employed) at the work place, its still owned by you and not the company you are working for.

If I recall correctly, you can have up to 10 consumer licenses in a small business.

Staff can correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your reply!  Just wanted to clarify...  It is less than five devices to install on,  so I don't want to buy five seats (which seems to be the minimum you can buy for the "startup company" version) . I really just need 1 or 2 licenses,

Edited by YvetteS

• Staff

https://www.malwarebytes.com/eula/

Firefox is correct. It is stated in the eula.

Sec.2.(a)

Notwithstanding the second sentence of this Section 2(a), if you have a business with no more than 10 total Devices, you may use Malwarebytes for Home Software in your business for business purposes provided that your usage shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement applicable to Malwarebytes for Business users and not the terms and conditions applicable to Home users. (“Small Business Exception”).

CatByte,

Just wanted to follow up on something you said:  You quoted the EULA as follows: 

"provided that your usage shall be governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement applicable to Malwarebytes for Business users and not the terms and conditions applicable to Home users. (“Small Business Exception”). "

So I took a look at the Business section and I noticed that it said the license was for " you to use the Software solely for your internal business purposes. "

So then would it be a problem if my home devices are for both business and personal use?  Or is this more of a reference to, for example,  hosting a client website on your machine?

- Michele

Edited by YvetteS

No, it's no problem if the machines are used for both business and personal purposes.  It more applies to things like running thin client Windows installs through a single server/endpoint running the protection and similar situations where a single license ends up being deployed/applied in such a way that its use goes beyond protecting just the individual endpoint it's installed on.  There's nothing at all wrong with using your own business PC for personal purposes and using the same Malwarebytes license on the system the entire time.