bunch of stuff blocked all of a sudden such as all of google

mbates14

OK... I am supposed to be at my daughters wedding.

Instead, I am here at work dealing with another MB false positive fiasco. As head of IT I cannot just blithely assume that this IS a false positive, even though that is more than likely what it is. Is there any reason why the previous update cannot be repackaged and sent out as a later rev until MB staff can figure out who scheduled the pooch screw?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My organization seems to be getting crippled by the 2018.1.27.03 definition updates.

It seems to be blocking every and anything.  Disabling/uninstalling Malwarebytes returns systems to working order.

Very concerned about this.  I can't imagine how I can fix this without hands on uninstallation at every system.  I can't remotely kill tasks and can't imagine the systems can receive definition updates in this state.

2 minutes ago, asilver said:

We have been using MB for over 7 years and never had an issue. Simmer down fella!!!

Do you receive alerts from infected clients, or are your clients all set to update? That's a LOOONG time to not have any issues when there have been so many widespread malwarebytes false positives...

3 minutes ago, asilver said:

We have been using MB for over 7 years and never had an issue. Simmer down fella!!!

Actually, something similar to this happened a month or so ago. And when things like this happen that take people away from their actual lives as well as disrupt workflow, there is a good reason for frustration. I am supposed to be at a wedding right now, and... I'm not there.

1 minute ago, jwhitespro said:

You probably need to disable website blocking in the anti-malware portion.

It can't be turned on and off.  I can disable it from starting with the client, but the client is already running on all 125 of my users systems.  They would need to restart for the change to take place.  What a mess.  I can't stomach completely disabling the client.

Just now, Concretesalad said:

Actually, something similar to this happened a month or so ago. And when things like this happen that take people away from their actual lives as well as disrupt workflow, there is a good reason for frustration. I am supposed to be at a wedding right now, and... I'm not there.

Goto your wedding, there is nothing you can do until its fixed, which is likely a couple days from now.

11 minutes ago, Concretesalad said:

OK... I am supposed to be at my daughters wedding.

Instead, I am here at work dealing with another MB false positive fiasco. As head of IT I cannot just blithely assume that this IS a false positive, even though that is more than likely what it is. Is there any reason why the previous update cannot be repackaged and sent out as a later rev until MB staff can figure out who scheduled the pooch screw?

this please.