mbates14

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bhabel said:

IT Systems Administrator for the county, Sheriff's Department. This is a public safety issue. Our deputies are unable to CAD themselves out on calls. It is blocking our VPN client so we can't remotely disable the website blocking or push them out a policy update.

What is the status of this issue?

It looks like if you update to V12 that was just released it is fixed.

• Staff
16 minutes ago, RubbeR DuckY said:

Earlier this morning, we published a protection update that caused connection issues for many of our customers. As a side effect of the web protection blocks, the product also spiked memory usage and possibly caused a crash.

We have triaged this issue and pushed a protection update that resolves it. If the update does not resolve the issue for you, please shut down the product and restart it.

The root cause of the issue was a malformed protection update that the client couldn't process correctly. We have pushed upwards of 20,000 of these protection updates routinely. We test every single one before it goes out. We pride ourselves on the safety and accuracy of our detection engines. To say I am heartbroken is an understatement.

We are working hard to not only triage your issues and get your computer or business back up and running but to also rebuild your trust. We are going to overhaul how we publish these protection updates so that this never happens again.

I am personally available to discuss both on this forum via personal message or at mkleczynski@malwarebytes.com

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/220112-important-web-blocking-ram-usage/

4 minutes ago, LightningFan said:

v12 working for web browsing.

I'm still seeing an issue starting IE with Anti-Exploit for Business running. (v1.08.2.1045). I don't have an update for it in the app. I think it's pushed out from our MSP cloud, so maybe that's coming soon.

I have seen that issue before.  Anti-Exploit does a less than ideal job at helping understand any of the issues going on and has been responsible for countless issues in my environment.  It's to the point where so much stuff has to be turned off that it's completely useless.

1 minute ago, steveakellychrysaor said:

we also have all staff reporting lots of pop ups with blocked sites, 169.254, 131.253s  and so forth.. we disabled the internet scan for the moment

46 minutes ago, Zynthesist said:

Hello,

This has been resolved. Please update to latest DB version.