bunch of stuff blocked all of a sudden such as all of google

mbates14

For now anyone seeing issues should probably kill mbamservice.exe if you can, and if necessary uninstall Malwarebytes from your system until the staff announces that this issue has been resolved in order to prevent any possible loss of data/system crashes.  Once they've got a fixed update pushed, reinstall/reactivate your Malwarebytes protection and all should then be well.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Using Endpoint Security for Business. Clients running database version v2018.01.27.1 are experiencing the blocking issue reported. Clients running v2018.01.26.08 are not affected.

I know of 2 Goto websites currently blocked  - GoToRemoteAssist and OpenVoice.

The problem with this software, and every software like it by nature is you cant install older definitions on top of newer ones because of how they are signed, and the Update Status Word or USW. 

They would have to take the old file, Re-sign it, and give it a new USW so itll take it. Which they probably tried like 4 times now and it doesnt work. 

I called Malwarebytes at 11:22am and just got this from support via email.

I made the change advocated.  It's early to tell, but I think it is resolving things for us until the true fix is out.

"Our apologies on this it does appear to be a false positive. We are working to resolve this immediately and get these definitions updated.

At this time we would recommend disabling the Malicious Web Protection layer temporarily on the affected Settings > Policy to resolve this in the interim until we get the fix pushed.

Again we are truly upset at this situation and pushing for a fix as quickly as possible."

4 minutes ago, asilver said:

I now can access all websites and the internal notworks that were blocked before. But I still getting emails from several machines in the network. Strange.

Just updated to v07 and re-enabled website protection. Still having problems, though it seems to be fewer than before.

23 minutes ago, jamestlarson said:

Nothing is confirmed, but it is a possibility they've been hacked. I'm reserving judgement until there is more information.

However, the staff ignoring this issue and ignoring this thread is pretty telling. Hopefully we'll get some information soon here.

We're not ignoring the thread, I've just not got an update yet.