Malware Protection is off – won’t stay on.

On 10/26/2017 at 2:42 PM, Firefox said:

A couple of things can be done if the Web protection is not starting:

1. Reboot your machine.

OR

2. Right-click on the Malwarebytes system tray icon and click on "Quit Malwarebytes" and double click on the desktop shortcut to start the program again.

Staff is aware of an issue with Web protection failing or not starting correctly and the next program update should fix that issue.

Rebooting, quit/start doesn't fix it. When can we expect the next program update to happen? My premium version 3.1.1 was working perfectly until this morning. I don't have any other AV.

Edited by wanderinpilgrim
added thought

48 minutes ago, wanderinpilgrim said:

Hi; MBAM is my sole protection. oh and i don't know what CP 1.0.262 is. 

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues.... Please use an Administrator account when doing the following,

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop. Tell any program that blocks it to ignore or allow. It IS SAFE. It contains no info that can identify or harm you.
  3. NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  4. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  5. Press the "Scan" button
  6. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  7. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  8. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  9. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  10. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  11. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

3 hours ago, wanderinpilgrim said:

Hi; MBAM is my sole protection. oh and i don't know what CP 1.0.262 is. 

Component package.. look in settings/about/version information.

The last time I had your issue I deactivated my license, then uninstalled MB with there clean-tool, reboot, then down load program again.

Edited by daman1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues.... Please use an Administrator account when doing the following,

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop. Tell any program that blocks it to ignore or allow. It IS SAFE. It contains no info that can identify or harm you.
  3. NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  4. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  5. Press the "Scan" button
  6. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  7. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  8. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  9. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  10. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  11. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

got someone to do this for me; let me know when your done looking at it so i can delete them from here; thanks

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

mb-check-results.zip

1 hour ago, wanderinpilgrim said:

the un and re install hassle.

Well it is easy and that is what we will do first.

Let us get a clean install of the current version.

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

The clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

If it does not offer the new install after the reboot you can download and install from here. 

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3  

31 minutes ago, wanderinpilgrim said:

Please say what those scan logs revealed

Do you have a problem with doing a simple clean install? I do see some missing MB files. This is the easy step and works most of the time. If that does not fix it there are longer involved logs and fixes.

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do you have a problem with doing a simple clean install? I do see some missing MB files. This is the easy step and works most of the time. If that does not fix it there are longer involved logs and fixes.

Everything was perfect until today.  nothing on my pc is different. I have version 3.1.1; isn't that the latest version? my settings are set to automatically download any updates. I can't see myself going through learning how to reinstall the program with the chance of my messing things up (i'm not that saavy) or the whole reinstall process not even fixing anything.
MBAM really needs to address this on their end; many other users are experiencing this. Do you tell all those people to do what you are telling me to do? Has your 'fix' worked for them? If so, i'm not seeing a thread to that effect. thanks  

14 minutes ago, wanderinpilgrim said:

Do you tell all those people to do what you are telling me to do?

Some times a lot more as well.

14 minutes ago, wanderinpilgrim said:

Has your 'fix' worked for them? If so, i'm not seeing a thread to that effect. thanks  

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/219744-real-web-protection-not-working/?tab=comments#comment-1203816

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/219671-real-time-web-protection-will-not-stay-on/?tab=comments#comment-1203599

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/219744-real-web-protection-not-working/?tab=comments#comment-1203816

I could go on but it just delays your fix and keeps me from helping others. Pleas just follow the instructions. And we can move on from there if needed.

I have been on and off having the same problem.  The last time I asked for help was Dec 2017 but the problem went away after I "updated" even the version I had was up-to-date.  It's happening again tonight and I was going to do another update.  When I googled for a new MB update a website TechSpot came up as a search result, saying a new MB database update just came out today and that we could download it with just one click.  I don't want to download anything from a non Malwarebytes website.  Can you confirm this new database update?  If so, can you provide a link to download here.  One can never be too careful these days.  TIA.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

There has not been any of those updates in months. So the problem is just temporarily solved but it is your computer and you are welcome to do as you wish.

Best wishes .

Thanks for y'all's concern and being here to help. If mine is the pc and this happens again, i'll keep your reinstall info and do it then. thanks again

I had the real time not updating problem - I uninstalled the walwarebytes  PRO and loaded the mb3 new version but now I get the following message 'unable to execute file in the temporary directory setup aborted -  error 5: access denied' - I tried downloading the free version but get the same error when trying to execute the program. I am a simpleton and have little idea about these matters - I suspect it is an admin issue but as far as I am aware I am the administrator -- any help would be appreciated

I had same problem - clean reinstall did the job but it's a second time since I have Premium Version when it's happening to me.

When I woke up this morning and woke up my PC i saw Malwarebytes eating 13 gigs of my RAM - Windows was literally in a slow mode ( I have 16 gigs in total )

Web protection was turned off and after reboot I couldn't turn it on again. Clean install fixed it.

It's not my PC failure not any other app failure - I'm quite pro with operating on my system and hardware so I know what I'm saying.

The problem occurs many times for several of Malwarebytes users - it's time to patch it I guess... 

Thanks in advance Malwarebytes.

Regards.

Edited by r05

I fixed everything - I ran windows restore to an earlier point in time which FAILED because BDantiramsom was running - Nevertheless I thought I would then try to execute the downloaded MB3 program which I could not get to run before the failed attempted to restore - - it now ran and so installed the program but now didn't have the key - searched my emails for the invitation to set up an account (which I had ignored back in November) - set up an account and the activation key became visible which worked, As yet there is no error message concerning real time   - happy days