mbamtray.exe Doesn't Always Start Since 3.22 Install

I've noticed since installing mbam 3.22  that mbamtray.exe doesn't start if I login to an account (both limited user and admin) quickly after the login screen comes up from computer turn on. If I wait several seconds, mbamtray.exe starts as expected (sorry I haven't done any testing to determine how long I have to wait). Mbam itself and all the protections seems always start and run fine. I can turn on mbamtray.exe by going to the malwarebytes program file and clicking open on mbamtray.exe or a Sign Out and re-login to the account opens it too. The logs I've provided show mbamtray.exe as running. I can provide the same logs with it not running if needed. We have 2 computers that were ordered together and as far as I know are mechanically identical. They are configured very similarly. Both exibit the described behavior. Please advise.

mb-check-results.zip

Edited by calintexas
Corrected topic title

I get the same thing.  Dont know if what I tried works yet because I just did it yesterday, but what I'm trying right now is I ran the clean install tool and uninstalled it.  Then reinstalled.  Ill wait a couple of days before Ill say it worked or not, but as of right now it hasn't happened again.  Sometimes takes a couple of days though so we'll see.

3 hours ago, dprout69 said:

I get the same thing.  Dont know if what I tried works yet because I just did it yesterday, but what I'm trying right now is I ran the clean install tool and uninstalled it.  Then reinstalled.  Ill wait a couple of days before Ill say it worked or not, but as of right now it hasn't happened again.  Sometimes takes a couple of days though so we'll see.

Thanks, I wanted to get some advice before I dove into  clean install land. On reflection, the effort (time) to create the requested scans probably isn't much different than a clean and install. I'll wait and see what the pros have to say. Looking around the forum for my issue, I've learned that they've made changes to the way mbamtray.exe is handled. My guess is that there is an issue. Please let me know how things go if this topic is still open in a few days.  

A clean reinstall will more than likely correct your issue and only takes a few moments... I would try that first, if it does not please provide a new set of logs...

Let's try this first.... (Malwarebytes clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-claen tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) or you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.2.2.2018 CU 1.0.188) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (after you run all the tools requested, all the logs will be combined into one log file named: mb-check-results.zip located on your Desktop (which will include the FRST logs inside the zip file))
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.2.2 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

9 hours ago, abuela said:

I'm having the same problem here since I updated to the latest version of MB3 paid and have to shutdown the PC and login again.  That's a real nuisance, please fix if it as soon as possible if it is at MB's end.

Please do the same steps provided by me in post #4 above and if that does not help start your own topics with the requested logs. 

• 1 month later...

So this issue persists.  I've done a clean reinstall and have the latest 3.3.  The service is running, but the tray doesn't appear once in every 5 reboots or so.  I either have to reboot or stop and start the service to get it to show up.  Any other suggestions?  Is there a way to load the icon via the start up menu as it used to be?

5 minutes ago, dprout69 said:

Any other suggestions? 

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area