Reports??

I have the very same question as well.  Every night I turn off my PC and turn it on next day.  Then the message in MB 3 UI always says: *current* and a rightclick in the taskbar it says *up to date*.  First thing I always did in MBAM2 I always manually updated first thing (didn't want to wait 1 hour for automatic updates) and I could see that and also shown as updated in a screen panel in MBAM2.  Now I don't.   That makes me feel uncomfortable, not knowing if updates work or not?  Could it be that there is somewhere in the PC a place where one can see the updates and time of updates?

Update Current means MB was updated within 24 hrs. There is a update log that will show you when updates were done.

Go to C:/ProgramData/Malwarebytes/MBAMService and look at dbupdate.log text file. In that same folder it will also show the update files (.mbdb) with their date.

Jim :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Phone Man said:

Update Current means MB was updated within 24 hrs. There is a update log that will show you when updates were done.

Go to C:/ProgramData/Malwarebytes/MBAMService and look at dbupdate.log text file. In that same folder it will also show the update files (.mbdb) with their date.

Ok thanks but still unacceptable :angry: I cant be having my computer noobs be doing this I hope MB come up with these logs in the report tab soon.

Edited by daman1

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, daman1 said:

Right,unacceptable I want this feature as I check clients PC's making sure there updates are indeed working.

You have no idea updates are taking place!

How are you checking your clients PC's? Are you just calling and asking or are you accessing their systems to check? One note is that MB will flag the product if it has not been updated within 24hrs. If you are accessing their system then my log file workaround should be all you need.

JIm 

7 hours ago, Phone Man said:

How are you checking your clients PC's? Are you just calling and asking or are you accessing their systems to check? One note is that MB will flag the product if it has not been updated within 24hrs. If you are accessing their system then my log file workaround should be all you need.

JIm 

They call with there concerns and try to talk them through a workaround is next to impossible.

7 hours ago, TheThornWithin said:

Unacceptable. Lol.  Alarmist and lazy. MB will flag the product if it has not been updated within 24hrs. Pipe down professor.

other security software is easily clickable and accessible to this log information.

If you have nothing useful to add phone man already answered, please refrain from showing your intelligence in your posts in my thread

Edited by daman1

1 hour ago, daman1 said:

other security software is easily clickable and accessible to this log information.

Not to be argumentative here, but I am genuinely curious.  Just what other security software are you referring to here specifically, because I've used/tested many, and this is a feature I've only ever seen once and that was in previous versions (pre-3.x) of Malwarebytes.  The only functionality I've seen anywhere near this in any other security product was a reference to the last update date/time and/or when the current update(s) was/were installed (but only for the last one, not a log showing all/ongoing updates like MB 2.x did).  In fact, the only thing anywhere close to this functionality in any product I've observed is in MSE/Windows Defender, but that's not really even in their product; you have to open Windows Update and look at the update history (which only shows the date, not the time) to see when definition updates were installed.

Again, I'm not trying to argue here or say that this functionality should not be added into Malwarebytes 3 (I personally would like to see its return as I was the Product Manager who saw to it that this functionality was added into Malwarebytes in the first place), I'm just curious about it based on my own experience (or lack thereof) with other products/tools that provide this type of functionality.

8 hours ago, daman1 said:

They call with there concerns and try to talk them through a workaround is next to impossible.

OK, I understand your concern. I guess you can tell them if it says Current it has been updated recently (within 24hrs).

I have been getting updates about every 4 hours but it varies. If my systems have been off for over 24 hrs I get the out of date warning.

I have Norton Security and it has a menu to access the History of the product. One of the items is Live Update which will show the information of each update and will even list what definitions were updated. It takes a few clicks to get to the information but it is available and easy to get to. 

5936ebd583946_Screenshot(367).thumb.png.df953804d53bd6d122ab7b42a16911d8.png

Cool, thanks for the info :) 

Just curious, any others that you know of in particular, or is Norton the only one you're familiar with that has this functionality?

Just FYI, this probably would be a simple thing for us to enable/add given all the stuff that we currently log in the various application/component logs created by Malwarebytes 3 (as already pointed out above) so it should be a simple matter of adding an interface to parse/display that info and (hopefully) a means to filter it (if not separate it into a different type of logging area separate from detections, which are far more critical generally speaking) to make finding different types of events/logs easier for the users/customers (I'd hate for it to turn out like a massive history list/log forcing users to try to find what they're looking for among potentially thousands of entries).

I have used Norton for years and not sure about other products. When you open Norton and click on History you get the screen below and there is a Show window to select what type of History you want such as Live Updates, Scans Results and so on. MB could have the Report button to open a similar window and have a choice to what you want. (Scan Reports, Updates, Website Blocks) On Norton you can clear the results in any area or all the History.

History.JPG

• Root Admin
On 6/5/2017 at 6:53 PM, TheThornWithin said:

Unacceptable. Lol.  Alarmist and lazy. MB will flag the product if it has not been updated within 24hrs. Pipe down professor.

Let's all try to be a bit friendlier to each other. No need to call anyone out. We're all here to either get help or help others.

As the original question has been answered, I'll go ahead and close this topic now.

Thank you