AVG passive mode? Malwarebytes real time protection, interfering?

Free version of AVG said it was going into PASSIVE mode because I have another anti virus program running, and I do 

3.0.6.1469 Malwarebytes

I think I now have both "web protection" on and the AVG on but not sure, and why did I get this message from AVG and how do I deal with this?

8 hours ago, nikhils said:

Hello @Libertas1

You got that message from AVG because both AVG and Malwarebytes are enabled and also registered with Windows Security Center.

It does not mean there is any issue with protection.

Would not worry too much about the message as both products should run side by side without issues.

Thank you.

Thanks, but it requires me to answer, forgot the question, something about leave passive on?  I am not sure what the answer is, as I bet it will happen again.

But thanks for helping, so i do NOT want passive mode in AVG, right?  And i do want and should be able to run AVG and MB Web Protection at same time as I had been doing for two years before this?  i.e. for 2 years or so no issues, then a popup.

Should I be downloading a new version of 3  ?

Edited by Libertas1

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Change the setting below and restart your computer and report back your results.

action center MB.PNG

so take it off the "recommended" setting it is on now to the NEVER setting...this hides its existence from windows so that AVG wont turn it off?  I want to make sure I am not doing a mistake here.

1 minute ago, Libertas1 said:

so take it off the "recommended" setting it is on now to the NEVER setting...this hides its existence from windows so that AVG wont turn it off?  I want to make sure I am not doing a mistake here.

It keeps MB from sometimes mistakingly taking over and disabling your AV program.  

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

It keeps MB from sometimes mistakingly taking over and disabling your AV program.  

Just to clarify and make sure there's no confusion, Malwarebytes doesn't disable any antivirus software.

Microsoft has recently starting pushing to have one active antivirus software registered with Security Center at a time. Malwarebytes will normally register with Security Center so you can be properly notified and Windows knows you're protected. Most security programs need to have some semblance of detecting if another program is registered and knowing how to take action if that's the case. In this case, it sounds like AVG puts itself into passive mode if it detects another product registered with Windows Security Center. If you would like to use AVG without being in passive mode, you can tell Malwarebytes to not register with Windows Security Center and it will allow another program to register instead. This doesn't limit Malwarebytes in any way, so you should have no concern there