• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, KWHJ said:

...even editing my first post is not allowed anymore. Why?

It looks like there is a time limit. Just like on many other forums. I don't like it either. But can live with it, as one can always post another one after that.

Joining the chorus of people with Premium accounts suddenly having issues with Web protection not starting and Scans failing after 5 seconds... like a lot of others I'm at least relieved it's not just my computer!

Win 10, MWB Premium 3.1.2.1733

Not good!  I hope MWB is onto this with urgency.

Was running 3.0 and at around 2:30am, I got the message that Real-time protection layers were off.

Attempting to turn the web protection back on resulted in the module failing to start.

Attempting any form of scan resulted in an auto-cancellation of the scan.

After reading, I noticed that 3.1 was available.  I downloaded and installed this new version.

All protection layers were on and active, but scans would still auto-cancel.

Then, about 3 minutes later, the real-time protection layers began to auto-shut off again.

conclusion:  Seeing that this all happened around the same time for many people, and that it crosses multiple versions, it's pretty easy to conclude that either an automatic update to the definitions has caused a problem, or this is something outside of Malwarebytes, or perhaps targeting the software specifically.

Hapening here too, started uh an hour??? ago

First Web protection went off with the yellow popup already posted here, then i tried to scan > it updates for 1 second then the scan is aborted automatically. when i try turning on web protection its stuck in "starting". sometimes malwareprotection turns off too, can be restarted but ugly!

Win 7 64bit pretty fresh install, ill make some logs and upload

Same here. Premium user. Latest version.  Win 7 64.

Tried reinstalling.  Tried using the cleaning tool and reinstalling. 

It also wouldn't accept my key.

Uninstalled it and put 2.0 back on - it accepted my key and is running just fine.

Edited by Skyedo

33 minutes ago, migs said:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that it isn't a widespread problem, and that it must be an issue on your PC, despite tons of threads in these forums which demonstrate otherwise.

They'll demand you post logs and then tell you to uninstall MWB and reinstall it.

Bottom line is that they broke it with the release of V3, and are clearly unable to fix it.

this started about a half an hour ago for me as well, seems to be pretty wide spread. followed instructions for reinstall (had 3.0.6 now 3.1.2) now instead of it saying its starting, it just switches back to off

8 minutes ago, EliteGeeks said:

I have, it was 4000 years ago on another world, it was moments before my planet was destroyed... 

Yours was destroyed too? Or maybe we came from the same one? 

Not much better on this one... makes me long for Home. :D

Add me to the list as also affected, Web Protection won't start and scan quits almost as soon as you start it:

1. Time to complete scann:00:00:00
  2. Items scanned:0
  3. Threats detected:0
  4. Threats quarantined:0
  • Malwarebytes Premium: 3.1.2.1733 (also same result with 3.0.6)
  • Component package version 1.0.122
  • Update package version: 1.0.1973 <<<--------------- Seems to be the culprit, common to old and new versions and released today.
  • Windows 10 Pro version: 1607
  • OS build 14393.1198
Edited by dwanthny

14 minutes ago, Neural said:

Was running 3.0 and at around 2:30am, I got the message that Real-time protection layers were off.

Attempting to turn the web protection back on resulted in the module failing to start.

Attempting any form of scan resulted in an auto-cancellation of the scan.

After reading, I noticed that 3.1 was available.  I downloaded and installed this new version.

All protection layers were on and active, but scans would still auto-cancel.

Then, about 3 minutes later, the real-time protection layers began to auto-shut off again.

conclusion:  Seeing that this all happened around the same time for many people, and that it crosses multiple versions, it's pretty easy to conclude that either an automatic update to the definitions has caused a problem, or this is something outside of Malwarebytes, or perhaps targeting the software specifically.

This is also playing on my mind i think it is an auto update issue.

Mine is the Premium version as well.

Edited by Nastajia

Web Protection stuck on 'STARTING' and will not engage (see screen grab).

Scans end after just a few seconds and without any items checked (see screen grab).

The first scan even gave me a 'scan complete - no threats found' message.

I reinstalled from scratch and had the same exact issues as before reinstalling

Using version 3.12

mwb2prepro.png

MWB1prepro.png