Malawarebytes 3.0.6 slowing down

For the record, I also am having the exact same problem, the Dell PC is running windows 7 with Mcafee and the Malwarebytes 3.06. since installing 3.06 my pc was slowing everything down then freezing to a complete lock up, having to unplug the PC to get it going again. Since disabling 3.06 it has returned to normal. Perhaps we could return to the previous version of Malwarebytes which was great. I am awaiting further instructions what to do.:unsure:

I will make an comment, Windows ever since Vista really needs 4 or more gigs of ram to function at an acceptable speed.

Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz
Percentage of memory in use: 81%
Total physical RAM: 2037.18 MB
Available physical RAM: 382.21 MB
Total Virtual: 4074.35 MB
Available Virtual: 1822.27 MB

Combine that with a budget low end processor and most likely a 5400 RPM hard drive your fighting an uphill battle no matter the software you run.

2 hours ago, MrDavid said:

Well, I suppose you are saying my PC is rubbish, even though it was running OK before the 3.06 install, if there is nothing can be done to make it work properly on my PC then I might as well leave it disabled, then enable it if needed. Thanks anyway.

Each persons "OK" is different. Having both McAfee and MB will be a strain on resources depending what else is running as well.

All I was doing is pointing out the obvious issue. There might be others.

Do you usually run the paid or the free version?

Edited by Porthos

• Root Admin

Your computer is having some issues and errors which a certainly going to make the computer even slower. If you uninstall Bonjour and iTunes and then reinstall iTunes it may fix that one specific error but no promise.

The task scheduling issue could be caused by different things. McAfee itself is having portions of it's own program not loading properly. To satisfy your concern that Malwarebytes is the issue, I'd say to at least temporarily uninstall Malwarebytes. Then work on fixing, removing, correcting all of the errors in your Event Logs. When there are no more errors on reboot then look at putting Malwarebytes back and if you still have issues at that point we'll see what's going on. But as it is now the computer is just under too much load and strain with issues to run well.

Application errors:
==================
Error: (02/01/2017 03:31:13 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 31434

Error: (02/01/2017 03:31:13 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 31434

Description: Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second

Error: (02/01/2017 03:31:03 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 21434

Error: (02/01/2017 03:31:03 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 21434

Error: (02/01/2017 03:30:53 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 10202

Error: (02/01/2017 03:30:53 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 10202

Error: (02/01/2017 03:30:52 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )

Error: (02/01/2017 03:30:42 PM) (Source: Application Error) (EventID: 1000) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: plugin-container.exe, version: 51.0.1.6234, time stamp: 0x5888f707
Faulting module name: mozglue.dll, version: 51.0.1.6234, time stamp: 0x5888f27e
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000ec83
Faulting process id: 0x1044
Faulting application start time: 0x01d27c9ee5372cf2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\mozglue.dll
Report Id: 63e45c12-e893-11e6-9be0-002564ec7eda

System errors:
=============
Error: (02/01/2017 06:37:10 PM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10010) (User: )
Description: The server {209500FC-6B45-4693-8871-6296C4843751} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Error: (02/01/2017 04:04:51 PM) (Source: EventLog) (EventID: 6008) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 16:03:06 on ?01/?02/?2017 was unexpected.

Error: (02/01/2017 03:53:08 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7011) (User: )
Description: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the wuauserv service.

Error: (02/01/2017 03:52:21 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7011) (User: )
Description: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WdiSystemHost service.

Error: (02/01/2017 12:09:04 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The McAfee Platform Services service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (02/01/2017 12:09:04 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the McAfee Platform Services service to connect.

Error: (02/01/2017 12:09:04 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The McAfee Platform Services service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (02/01/2017 12:09:04 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the McAfee Platform Services service to connect.

Error: (02/01/2017 12:09:04 PM) (Source: DCOM) (EventID: 10005) (User: )
Description: DCOM got error "1053" attempting to start the service mcpltsvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{26608B46-476A-4BF1-9CC6-AFEA28EBBC17}

Error: (02/01/2017 12:09:00 PM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Do you usually run the paid or the free version?

The paid version, my OK is everything is working correctly and efficiently. I am aware having McAfee and MB might cause a strain on an old PC like mine, thing is as I have said, it was running nicely until the new version of MB. So what am I to do, perhaps buy a new more powerful Windows 10 PC that can cope, not really?

6 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Your computer is having some issues and errors which a certainly going to make the computer even slower. If you uninstall Bonjour and iTunes and then reinstall iTunes it may fix that one specific error but no promise.

Thank you for that I will look into it.

• Root Admin

There is no doubt that Malwarebytes 3.x compared to 2.x or 1.x is miles ahead. 2.x did not have an anti-ransomware module, did not have MBAE exploit protection. There is so much more new and additional protection in 3.x, but yes, it will be more of a strain on resources than the 2.x or 1.x It can do so much more now.

1 hour ago, mynorgeek said:

I simply wanted a fellow member and MB3 user to know that others are experiencing some of the same issues.

Thank you for letting me and others know, it seems to me Malwarebytes need to look into this problem more thoroughly instead of blaming our computers for the problem. I have always recommended MB to others, unfortunately the opposite advice will now be given.  

• Root Admin

No one is blaming anything on anyone @MrDavid

We have tried to explain what's going on but it seems we're not doing a good job. There is a LOT more protection and things going on with Malwarebytes 3 it is absolutely going to use more resources on any computer not just a slow computer. It is loading many more modules and protecting your computer on different levels that previous versions did not.

Now, that said, in most cases the speed can certainly be improved on the computer by doing some clean up and maintenance. Will it be the same as 2.x? No, it will not. It's doing much more work.

Example: If you were asked to plant seeds for 20 feet of ground you can probably do that without breaking a sweat. Now, if I asked you to plant 1,000 feet of ground, you're going to break out in a sweat because you're do much more work. The same thing with Malwarebytes 3.x - it is doing much more work.

56 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

There is a LOT more protection and things going on with Malwarebytes 3 it is absolutely going to use more resources on any computer not just a slow computer. It is loading many more modules and protecting your computer on different levels that previous versions did not.

I completely understand what you are saying and appreciate the assistance you are giving, my computer is working plenty fast enough as of this time with MB disabled  I have no reason to believe there is great deal wrong with it despite the error logs revealed. I am reluctant just now to enable MB as I feel it will revert to the problems of a few days ago, I have lost confidence in MB for the time being, hopefully in the next few days it might return. Who knows how many MB users worldwide are having the same problems with their computers, but don't know where to go for advice. 

Is there a fix that can be released to help all of us that are having problems, even it means reduced protection compared to MB 3.?

Edited by MrDavid

MrDavid

I have nine computers (all running paid MB) of all sorts of processors and memory dating back as far as 10 years old (all running 32bit Windows 10).

I too tried MB 3 (3.05 actually) and found it to be highly flawed and in some cases didn't even work or worked badly. I found that

really it only worked fairly well on my highest spec processor computers (i7 first gens). There's no doubt that the new version really requires a lot more

horsepower and may be unacceptable to many who do not use the latest high spec systems. The strategy I am taking now is to wait until I must

upgrade (Which I believe is in June). At that time I will give it a go again with the latest version of MB3. If it's still at the point that it slows down

systems or simply does not work then I will have to call it quits with Malwarebytes (unfortunately). I believe (IMHO) that this has all to do with money and profits.

I'm guessing they wanted to charge more. They had these two other products that were not that popular. So they bundled everything together with the

strategy that they can justify a higher price (within their rights of course). What I don't think they banked on was that many users do not use the latest

high-end systems (Their beta testers most likely did). Also to prove my case I have noticed that multi-PC discounts from vendors like NEWEGG have not

been available for quite some time (Their discounted price is not much less that of the regular price). Also they are now selling their multi-platform licensing

on the Malwarebytes website at substantially higher cost than before. So in the end they may have actually wound up cutting their own throats rather than

increasing profits...Too bad...It was a great add-on to AV and Firewall protection but with the way it has been changed I believe it most likely will be a

no go for many.

Edited by davei1

18 hours ago, davei1 said:

...There's no doubt that the new version really requires a lot more horsepower and may be unacceptable to many who do not use the latest high spec systems.

This mirrors my experience.  If I dismiss the assorted known bugs my i3 and Xeon systems work well.  My Core2Duo laptop basically becomes unusable with MB3.

Last week I got an email from a friend who was trying to clean up her Mom's AIO PC and ran into what sounds like this problem.  Yes, she had downloaded MB3 and I suggested she find a version of 2 to run.  Even though it will be impossible to quantify MalwareBytes is going to lose customers if they continue down this track.

Edited by Scootcha

A comment from the other side of the pond, from Germany.

23 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Example: If you were asked to plant seeds for 20 feet of ground you can probably do that without breaking a sweat. Now, if I asked you to plant 1,000 feet of ground, you're going to break out in a sweat because you're do much more work. The same thing with Malwarebytes 3.x - it is doing much more workI change and correct your metaphorical comparison: 

@AdvancedSetup

I change and correct your metaphorical example:

The previous Anti-Malware 2 "planted seeds on 20 feets of ground" , i.e it protected and protects every PC - older and new ones - in an excellent and well running way,

Now the new version MB3 tries "to plant the numbers of seeds for 1000 feet of ground on the ground of 20 feets". It goes without saying, that this is  impossible, i.e. MB3 tries some impossible things, at least for older PC systems..

22 hours ago, MrDavid said:

Who knows how many MB users worldwide are having the same problems with their computers, but don't know where to go for advice

Like me a friend of mine used the German version of Anti-Malware 2  with great  pleasure. After updating to the German version of MB3 he run into a lot of problems like me. But because he doesn't speak English very well he didn't revert to Anti-Malware 2 as I did, but gave up MB completely  and changed to Emisoft.

That's only one single former, now lost customer of MB. But  it's a typical example of antagonized customers  all over the world.

20 hours ago, davei1 said:

The strategy I am taking now is to wait until I must

upgrade (Which I believe is in June). At that time I will give it a go again with the latest version of MB3. If it's still at the point that it slows down

systems or simply does not work then I will have to call it quits with Malwarebytes (unfortunately). I believe (IMHO) that this has all to do with money and profits.

I agree completely. 

If MB will not be able to release a version of MB3, which will run satisfactorily on older systems I will call it quits with Malwarebytes as well. For certain I will not buy a new PC only for getting a well running MB3 but I will change to Emisoft as my friend did.

2 hours ago, Scootcha said:

Even though it will be impossible to quantify MalwareBytes is going to lose customers if they continue down this track.

Complete agreement again.

I have written it already in a previous reply in another thread: At time Malwarebytes is losing its excellent reputation in Germany.

Malwarebytes should urgently counteract by releasing a for all systems - older and new ones - well running and protecting version of MB3 in the near future like Anti-Malware 2 did and still does it.

I've had it folks - I am officially uninstalling and NOT reinstalling this 3.0.6. I thought I had everything working again on this computer after 4 hours or more of time but it appears as if there are still issues - I am running a scan on the system and it is hung up on file GLOBAL_PRODUCT_BG_BLUE_HD.JPG which is nothing more than a small JPG file in the H P Envy 5660 printer folder.... its been sitting on this file for 12 minutes now.

I am done - no more Malwrebytes 3.0.6 Premium for me !

Todd.

1 hour ago, GMork said:

A comment from the other side of the pond, from Germany.

Thank you for that input, Gmork, I am not so far away in the UK, so we now know it is a worldwide problem, our friends in the USA and in Europe. 

48 minutes ago, Cornerstone said:

I am done - no more Malwarebytes 3.0.6 Premium for me !

I'll give it a few more days to see if MB come up with anything, though I have a feeling they are in denial.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:49 PM, Cornerstone said:

I am done - no more Malwrebytes 3.0.6 Premium for me !

Todd.

I feel the same! I can´t have MB 3.0.6 on my computer any longer. It has caused my computer  to be extremely slow and almost completely non-responsive. I couldn´t even use the normal logout/shut down last night . Nothing I touched was responsive any more and everything seemed to fall to pieces. I read up on this issue in a couple of forums (this being one of them) and understood that the only thing to do is to disable/uninstall MB. So...I started by disabling it and lo and behold ... things on my computer went back to normal! This proves that there is something really wrong with this version and I cannot for my life understand that MB doesn´t do anything to correct the flaws/bugs or whatever it is that is causing so much trouble for so many people paying for this Premium version.

On 2/4/2017 at 2:41 PM, MrDavid said:

I'll give it a few more days to see if MB come up with anything, though I have a feeling they are in denial.

They are working very hard to fix all the issues. It will be probably more than just days away.

17 hours ago, santamonica said:

This proves that there is something really wrong with this version and I cannot for my life understand that MB doesn´t do anything to correct the flaws/bugs or whatever it is that is causing so much trouble for so many people paying for this Premium version.

Have you submitted any diagnostic logs. Those logs as many of them as they can get can help tremendously to fix the issues.

Remember this is a whole new from the ground up program and can not be directly to past versions. BETA testing can never find all issues because each computer is unique. As far as i know.  Many of the MAJOR issues found in testing were fixed before release or soon after. When released to the masses then more issues have arisen and would have not been foreseen. They will get fixed but unfortunately not soon enough for some people. 

In the mean time after submitting your issues and logs you are welcome to uninstall and go back to ver 2. Deactivate your license first.

Edited by Porthos