I think there was an issue with the forums for a few moments @coachellaacanuck, as I was having issues accessing it as well. Looks like that hiccup has been resolved.

Can you provide the logs I asked for above so we can try to troubleshoot your issue?

@rsteffen can you try disabling the self-protection module under SEttings -> Protection, and then reboot and try to turn on Web Protection?

I also had this problem after my Malwarebytes premium upgraded itself to the 3.0.6.1469, package version 1.0.50, Update package version 1.0.1153.....current iteration. Curiously (after the upgrade) my Kapersky virus scan identified a potentially unwanted Adware bot identified as SyncTask.exe. (Not saying the upgrade was related to the acquisition of the bot.) Kaspersky could not quarantine this file and suggested that it be deleted. I let it do so and after a couple of reboots and rescans (with the Kaspersky) I was abel to enable the Real time Web protection feature of Malwarebytes. Don't know if this may be your problem but it seemed to be mine. (Windows 10 running on a Sony Vaio w/Intel core i3 processor).

I received a solution but I can't find the entry that had it to thank the person.  Here is the solution that worked for me.

1. Start Malwarebytes and open the Settings option

2.  Scroll down and turnoff the "Enable self protection module"

3.  Shut down Malwarebytes and restart your computer. 

4.  When I restarted Malwarebytes, the Web Protection option was active.

5.  I restarted the "Enable self protection module"  and the "Enable self protection module early start" module.

Again, THANKS to your help who ever you are.

Silverfox

OK, so my fully protected MS installation had been running all night without a problem, so this morning I rebooted the PC and MW ran up all the protection services without a problem - see screenshot.  I can't give a definitive solution to the problem, but the following notes might help...

1. MW version 3.0.6 installed without complaint
  2. After installation, MW notified me that some of the real-time protection services, in my case the Web Protection Service was turned off.  If I tried to turn this service on, it went into a continuous 'starting service' condition (and continued to notify about the condition).
  3. Rebooting the PC and trying to turn the service on after a 'fresh boot' failed in the same manner.
  4. The fix for me was to reboot the PC (not sure this was necessary now) and allow all services to load and stabilise (i.e. wait 5 minutes).  Close the MW application and re-launch it.  Configure protection settings as required/recommended.

My hunch is that the PC's service loading order is, in some way significant (either by service dependency or collision) and restarting the MW service-stack on a 'stabilised' operating system seemed to help.

All this is conjecture of course - maybe Microsoft ran in a Windows update that fixed the problem - I don't know.

If anything changes, or the real problem becomes apparent, then I will report back to this forum.

MW-Settings.jpg

@Silverfox glad to hear you got it working properly

@neilski thanks for the in-depth walkthrough of what you did to get it working. Just a note that some people who have used your steps have issues on rebooting, and the current solution for that is to either disable Self-Protection under Settings -> Protection, or turn on the "Enable self-protection module early start"

As with others, same problem. This is the most important, arguably, of purchasing a premium subscription. I have tried all solutions and nothing works. Have also found the release to be buggy and it has caused several blue screens since install. When I traced the events back a Malwarebytes driver was the cause. Know you guys are working the problem but this was released too early by product management and users are at risk.

Update:

Win 8.1 MB latest version, upgrade 2/1/17.  Ended up turning off MB, reboot ( reboot, not a  restart) and turning MB back on.  All was good until this morning (2/6/17).  Got the nag message.  Tried a restart no help.  Turned off MB, rebooted and restarted MB.  Life is good again.  Just going by the startup timing and such, there may be something to the sequencing of the startup.  Mine usually goes into a scan on first start.  Self Protection is turned off.

Hope this helps trace this puppy down.

• 2 months later...

just like so many others on this forum - I am running the latest version Malwarebytes - Web Protection keeps switching off - then shows "STARTING" but never "ON" all other settings maintain their position when switched "ON"  - a very ordinary product - I am disappointed!!!