I have been unable to activate the Real Time Web protection.  I have a licensed copy and can try to activate the mode but it only indicates that it is starting but it never starts and is turned off when closing the program. How can I activate the real time protection.  If I uninstall the program, will I be able to re-activate the license?

Silverfox

Screen shot 2.PNG

Screen shot 1.PNG

I am having the same issue. I am looking forward to any fixes. I have submitted a support ticket. I will let you know when I find out anything.

I found another post on another thread here in the forum. There is a new version of Malwaebytes3.0 It is 3.0.6. I downloaded it and the problem is fixed. 

Same problem since "Upgrade".  Version:  3.0.6.1469, Component package version:  1.0.50, Update package version:  1.0.1151.  Opened a ticket 3 days ago with answer of "you are in the que".  I did read that (another thread) that a TOTAL delete of the program and a reload worked.  This also wipes out your settings and license info.  Don't want to go this route if unnecessary.  Hope we can get this fixed soon.

I do think MB should credit premium users for not being able to use the portion of the program that we paid for.  Thanks much.

14 minutes ago, al_47 said:

Same problem since "Upgrade".  Version:  3.0.6.1469, Component package version:  1.0.50, Update package version:  1.0.1151.  Opened a ticket 3 days ago with answer of "you are in the que".  I did read that (another thread) that a TOTAL delete of the program and a reload worked.  This also wipes out your settings and license info.  Don't want to go this route if unnecessary.  Hope we can get this fixed soon.

I do think MB should credit premium users for not being able to use the portion of the program that we paid for.  Thanks much.

You can re-enter your license and it should activate properly. You don't lose it.

@neilski your log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. Can you try disabling self-protection under Settings -> Protection and then reboot to see if that solves your issue?

29 minutes ago, farley6771 said:

I am having the same issue. I am looking forward to any fixes. I have submitted a support ticket. I will let you know when I find out anything.

I found another post on another thread here in the forum. There is a new version of Malwaebytes3.0 It is 3.0.6. I downloaded it and the problem is fixed. 

Version 3.0.6 has the same problem in Windows 10.  I have found two solutions.  Go to the task bar and Quit Malwarebytes, then restart the program.  If that doesn't work then reboot the computer.  Malwarebytes seems to hang on some GUI content.

9 minutes ago, dcollins said:

You can re-enter your license and it should activate properly. You don't lose it.

@neilski your log doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. Can you try disabling self-protection under Settings -> Protection and then reboot to see if that solves your issue?

If I turn it off and reboot, I get consistent MW warning messages telling me the real-time protection is off.

MW-WarningDialog.jpg

This is odd...

1. Rebooted with 'Web protection' turned off.
  2. After a minute or so received nag dialog
  3. Stopped and restarted MW
  4. Enabled 'Web protection' service appeared to start and run
  5. A couple of minutes later received another nag dialog - even with the 'Web protection apparently running - see screen shot.

UPDATE - this may be because Ransomware protection may have turned itself off?

MW-WarningDialog.jpg

Edited by neilski

Yes, missed that - doah!  Have turned it on now and MW seems happy.  I'll let it 'soak' overnight and, if all is well, reboot in the morning and see if the config and the associated services run up correctly.  Will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by neilski