Malwarebytes Premium Failed to Detect Malware. Free Scanner can detect it

Utomo

@Utomo, I can help clarify some things for you and get you in the right area for a solution.

AdwCleaner recently joined the Malwarebytes family and is aimed at attacking adware, PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), and web browser hijacks. It is not designed to attack traditional malware and it's database and core technologies are not built-into Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x or the current version of Malwarebytes 3.0. So seeing different results is not out of the ordinary at all until our technologies and databases are fully merged.

Next, your screenshot of AdwCleaner doesn't show anything related to the URL/website you are saying is loading in Chrome. So the two are likely unrelated.

With all that being said, it sounds like you may be infected and need malware removal assistance. Because of that, I am moving this to our Malware Removal section. Make sure to follow the directions in this thread to help get things started: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/9573-im-infected-what-do-i-do-now/

Also, if you can explain the Chrome issue in more detail, that can also help in fixing things up too.

Lastly, thank you for using Malwarebytes and being a part of our community.

• 5 months later...