malware info page

34 minutes ago, Aura said:

Ah, so basically a virus/malware glossary. Usually, Antivirus vendors have one, not Antimalware products. Only exception being Reason Core I think.

:rolleyes: yes ! and I am a user since first program of this company called "Rogueremoved" 2006 I think http://www.techspot.com/article/581-malwarebytes-marcin-kleczynski-interview/

and I have saw such a page at malwarebytes.org starting from 2006 or 2009 if I am not wrong

I found an old post from 2011, where a certain MalwareNET is being mentionned, though it returns to the main website.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/81235-the-malware-list-of-malwarebytes/

Surprisingly, it seems that I asked a question similar to yours in 2014, and I was told that Malwarebytes didn't have a such list. So I guess it's still not the case in 2016.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/162534-question-list-of-malwarebytes-definition-names/

Hey guys, we just recently (as of yesterday) brought our new Malwarebytes Labs site online which includes the new Threats database.  For now the information it provides is fairly high level and just covers the basic classification of different types of malware (e.g. rootkits, Trojans, ransomware etc.), however I do believe there are plans to eventually expand it to provide additional detail on specific detections so stay tuned and keep an eye on that site.

Malwarebytes Labs is accessible from the main navigation bar at the top of the page using the Labs button/link and includes access to our blog, threat/research info and tons of other information for educational purposes to help users stay informed on malware, the latest threats and other relevant information provided by Malwarebytes and our Malware Intelligence team.

9 hours ago, exile360 said:

Hey guys, we just recently (as of yesterday) brought our new Malwarebytes Labs site online which includes the new Threats database.  For now the information it provides is fairly high level and just covers the basic classification of different types of malware (e.g. rootkits, Trojans, ransomware etc.), however I do believe there are plans to eventually expand it to provide additional detail on specific detections so stay tuned and keep an eye on that site.

Malwarebytes Labs is accessible from the main navigation bar at the top of the page using the Labs button/link and includes access to our blog, threat/research info and tons of other information for educational purposes to help users stay informed on malware, the latest threats and other relevant information provided by Malwarebytes and our Malware Intelligence team.

thanks for make it true ! hope to see more updates on this ! :D

On 6/15/2016 at 11:23 AM, Aura said:

Thanks for the post Samuel, I just posted in the Malwarebytes Labs thread how funny it was that this comes out, almost a week after this thread gets posted :P

Can't wait for the addition of the technical details to the threats!

Hehe, yeah.  I actually thought it was funny when I first saw these topics posted because I knew that revamping the site like this was in the works, the team just wasn't positive on the precise format or ETA at the time so we couldn't share any info.  Needless to say this is something that we have seen requested a few times over the years and our Research and Malware Intelligence teams are working to provide resources for users and customers who want to learn more about malware and related topics.

Edited by exile360