Google Chrome block with new Trusteer Rapport

npmaylesby

This just happened to me using Chrome on a Windows 10 64bit system closed Chrome reopened and I get this message. Absolutely no system changes in the 20 seconds between closing Chrome and reopening. so guess its back to Maxthon until I see a fix for this. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using Malwarebytes for well over a year. In January I purchased and installed Anti-Exploit. Both have been functioning properly until this morning. I cannot open either Chrome or Firefox. I receive the same error message that Lemut posted "MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit has blocked an exploit attempt". It then closes down the browser. Internet Explorer still functions properly as I am using it for this post. I am running on Windows 10 and current versions of browsers. I also have Norton 360 for antivirus. From the previous posts I know you are trying to replicate the issue so you can resolve it. If you need additional information for troubleshooting please let me know.

• Staff
Just now, npmaylesby said:

It cannot be anything to do with Trusteer Rapport.  I have had it running on my machine for several years and it has worked with MBAE until the other day...

They released an upgrade recently that may have introduced the conflict.

I am having the same issue as other posts.  Just started yesterday.  No new add-ons in last 6 months.  I have 2 Windows 10 computers, with MBA-E, on my small home office network.  The other unit is not having a problem... yet. We have 10 computers at our main office and none have had an issue, however, they have not been upgraded to Win10.  Most are Win 7.  Most of them are also running MBA-E and all are using Google Chrome. HOWEVER... it started with an update to Rapport Trusteer Endpoint Protection. Everything was working fine until I installed an update download for this software yesterday afternoon.

Hi Ruud I'm glad I'm not the only one somewhat defeated by the tech.... However, I did reluctantly 'stop' Trusteer Rapport earlier and the error message has evapourated, so Chrome is now operating. Next stop IBM as you suggest! Many thanks for all comments on this thread. Very helpful. P.

I'm having the same problem with chrome. I'm running rapport along side anti exploit. Everything was working fine till yesterday. Now every time I try to go into chromes settings, or open a downloaded file from within chrome it closes and I get anti exploit error message. Tonight I restored my c drive from a backup made two weeks ago. Everything was working fine, then 15 minutes later it started happening again. I guess that was the rapport update being applied. Any chance of a patch for anti exploit being released in the next few days that will fix the issue?

Actually, you have to realize that this sort of thing is bound to occur.  Technology changes.  You can't (or, rather, shouldn't) put leaded gasoline in modern combustion engines with catalytic converters.  The methodology of modern combustion engines precludes using old leaded gas, although I know people who do so, by disabling the catalytic converter.

The same holds true here.  The anti-exploit methodology is older than the newest version of Rapport.  They are not compatible.  But, in order to continue to provide you with hte best security, IBM updated Rapport to do something new that breaks current MBAE methods.  So, now MBAE needs to be updated as well.  Or does it?

In this topic, it clearly mentions an issue with Trusteer Rapport and offers a workaround:

If you already have it excluded, remove the exclusion, reboot, let MBAE start, and add the exclusion again (so it looks for the new version).

If you are running Trusteer Rapport:

In this topic, it clearly mentions an issue with Trusteer Rapport and offers a workaround:

If you already have it excluded, remove the exclusion, reboot, let MBAE start, and add the exclusion again (so it looks for the new version).

I went into  MBAE settings and deselected "CALL ROP GADGET DETECTION" both 32 and 64 bit. did not solve it, MBAE still closes it whenever I go into chrome settings. The only thing I found that works is uninstalling repport. Then it works fine. But I dont want to get rid of it,  ideally I would like to keep both rapport and MBAE on my machine. 

no luck, I uninstalled rapport then rebooted. Then I open MBAE setting and deselected "call rop gadget protection", both 32 and 64 bit. Reinstalled rapport. I get the same problem though. The browser closes whenever I go into settings. But this time I get a different warning message from MBAE.

error.jpg