npmaylesby

Google Chrome block with new Trusteer Rapport

I have had to remove Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit from my computer as it has all of a sudden refused to allow me to open Google chrome.  I am told the protection layer is ;Protection Against OS Security Bypass The protection Technique is:  Exploit ROP gadget attack blocked

I do not know what has happened but I fear that it is working alongside Microsoft to  make us all use Edge, which is not the browser I wish to use, so if that is the case Malware bytes will be going.

Any advice welcome.

Having the same problem here. Win19   64

I've removed Chrome and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit ( version 1.08.1.1189) and re-installed them both - still blocking Chrome.

PopUp2016-03-30_12-10-18.png

Having exactly the same problem with latest Chrome on Windows 10 and MBAE.  Have had to remove MBAE so that I can work in Chrome.  Had identical report as above.

Strange, its not blocking Chrome for me. Which version of Chrome and MBAE are you using? I'm using these versions: Chrome  49.0.2623.110  and MBAE  1.08.1. 1189. If your not using the latest versions try to update.

Working fine here with Chrome Developer Version 51.0.2693.2 dev-m (64-bit) and Chrome Canary Version 51.0.2694.1 canary (64-bit) as well.

I wonder if it is a particular addon / setting in Chrome?

I have  Version 49.0.2623.110 m

All of the addons are standard Ad blockers so cannot see that they are an issue, Nothing has been added recently, so it is strange that it has started attacking chrome.  

I am suspicious about the OS security bypass bit.  Sounds like it is objecting to chrome being used in place of the dreaded Edge!

I have the same version of Chrome as you have, and I am running Windows 10 Pro x64.  I have MBAE Premium, current version.

I am not experiencing any issues whatsoever, so I am guessing that the behavior must be particular to your computer configuration, or there would be a lot of posts here about such an issue, if it was widespread.

Just my two cents.  Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

12 hours ago, npmaylesby said:

I have  Version 49.0.2623.110 m

All of the addons are standard Ad blockers so cannot see that they are an issue, Nothing has been added recently, so it is strange that it has started attacking chrome.  

I am suspicious about the OS security bypass bit.  Sounds like it is objecting to chrome being used in place of the dreaded Edge!

That doesn't mean that the addons are not suspect.  It also means that a new profile (add user in Advance settings) without any addons can help narrow down the trouble shooting.  And finally, it does not mean anything regarding the use of Edge.  garioch7 and I are both on Window s10 and have not see thins yet.  Therefore, you can rest assured it ahs nothing to do with and unfounded fear about browser preference.  I have 3 versions of Opera, the 2 Chrome versions listed above, Vivaldi, and Firefox Nightly on my system, with Firefox being my go to browser.  I have never seen that message before, and I've been running 10 well over a year now.

It seems to me that something in your Chrome setup is causing the issue, not Chrome itself.  However, if you were to create a new profile with 0 addons and default settings, you could verify that immediately as to whether it is Chrome or an addon or a setting.

I have turned all of the add ons off.  Still get blocked....

I have uninstalled chrome and reinstalled with no link to my google account..... blocked.......

Cannot see why it should just  start doing it.  I have not changed anything on my system for weeks..... until I had this issue.  I guess life without MWBAE is the only way forward.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not remove profile information.  Did you try a new profile? 

Yes,  I have used a completely new profile.  Blocked straight away.

Obviously there is a fault with MWBAE so will simply have to live without it...

Edited by npmaylesby

My version of Chrome is version 49.0.2623.110 m

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is version 1.08.1.1189

The add ins I have are :

Adobe Acrobat  15.1.0.1, Google Docs  0.9, Google Docs Offline 1.4, Google Sheets 1.1, Google Slides 0.9, Norton Identity Safe 1.0.5, Norton Security Toolbar 2015.5.6.94 and Rapport 1.14

Same problem for me too - started a week or so after upgrading to version 2.2.1.1043 - never had the problem before. OS is Windows 7 64 bit

12 hours ago, npmaylesby said:

Yes,  I have used a completely new profile.  Blocked straight away.

Obviously there is a fault with MWBAE so will simply have to live without it...

Not necessarily.  I don't have this issue and neither do a couple of others so I'm still inclined to think it is system specific, not MBAE specific.

11 hours ago, lemut said:

My version of Chrome is version 49.0.2623.110 m

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit is version 1.08.1.1189

The add ins I have are :

Adobe Acrobat  15.1.0.1, Google Docs  0.9, Google Docs Offline 1.4, Google Sheets 1.1, Google Slides 0.9, Norton Identity Safe 1.0.5, Norton Security Toolbar 2015.5.6.94 and Rapport 1.14

Have you tried making a new profile, not changing any settings and seeing if it affects it?

52 minutes ago, rob47 said:

Same problem for me too - started a week or so after upgrading to version 2.2.1.1043 - never had the problem before. OS is Windows 7 64 bit

This report is for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit not Malwarebytes anti-Malware.

Those of you seeing alerts in Chrome, what other security products do you have installed (and version number)?

Yesterday I needed to change one of the settings in Google Chrome and on clicking on 'customise and control Google Chrome' tab on the far right of the address bar Exploit popped up with a message that  'an exploit code has been blocked in Google Chrome (and plug-ins)'.  On clicking OK on this message, Chrome immediately closes.  I can use Chrome without accessing the 'change settings' tab but am concerned that there may be a problem hidden in the now inaccessible 'settings'

Hi, yesterday I was able to use Chrome no problems. Today, I get the Explot code threat' message and no chrome.  Now using IE to register on this forum and post message.

Only other guard I have on the PC is win defender.  Using Win 8, 64, Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 m, v1.08.1189 of Anti Exploit.

Extensions in Chrome, Googel docs 0.9, Google docs offline 1.4, google sheets 1.1, Google slide 0.9, Pin it button 1.39.1, Rapport 1.14.

Please help!

Hi

I'm using Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 m and MWBAE version 1.08.1.1189.

Malwarebytes anti malware home premium version 2.2.1.1043. Windows Defender on Windows 10.  Also Trusteer Endpoint Protection version 3.5.1609.47.

I have the same problem and have raised a ticket.

The issue I see is an interaction between LastPass and MBAE but only with MBAE 1.08.1.1189 and LP 4.1.4. On another PC with MBAE 1.08.1.1045 and the same LP plug-in Chrome is not blocked. Chrome is 49.0.2623.110 m and there are various other plug-ins but starting these on a cumulative basis (previously disabled all plug-ins in Safe Mode) did not cause MBAE to block Chrome, it was only when I enabled LP plug-in that Chrome was blocked.

Hopefully we'll get an update from MB ASAP.

I submitted a request to Support 10 hrs ago and zero response. Pretty unimpressive given that this is a serious issue.