Disable Messenger

What exactly is the function of the Disable Messenger option in the PM section?  Does it disable the view or does it disable the ability to receive messages?  If I disable it without knowing for sure I may not know how to get it back?

Can you clarify for me please?

disable-messenger-1.jpg

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Firefox said:

What exactly is the function of the Disable Messenger option in the PM section?  Does it disable the view or does it disable the ability to receive messages?  If I disable it without knowing for sure I may not know how to get it back?

Can you clarify for me please?

disable-messenger-1.jpg

This disables the Messenger feature for your account. If you disable it, you won't get messages. To enable again, click your name in the upper right and then messages - it will prompt you to enable. I flipped mine off and then back on again and the messages remained. Assume this is working as designed by would caution doing this as I don't truly know if they are kept around.

3 hours ago, yardbird said:

EDIT: on the other hand my account settings looks different from yesterday? 

It looks like with the board update today they changed the layout of the account page.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Firefox said:

@msherwood is there a way of turning off the preview of the message on the right like is shown in the picture?

The list of messages on the left and the pane on the right, I would rather see a list of my PM's and then open them accordingly...

Thanks

I don't think so as this appears be to how their framework is setup. Going to lock this thread and continue the chat over here with @AlexSmith.