Buying Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a trap! :p

How true this post is! I just started running the Pro Version a few days ago on one of my computers and I WILL be buying another licence for my other computer soon. Outstanding Security Program. :)

Yeah I bought licenses for all my laptops :)

All my friends computers, I repair a lot of computers and get them to order it then and there.

Yeah, except MB's sales department, so far from my experience, sucks.

I love MB.

I have been trying to get them to quote me out 1000 licenses for an educational institution for almost 3 months now.

I don't handle the budget here. I simply offer a proposal to the director and he accepts or declines.

I can't even get the option for either of those if MB doesn't answer their e-mails.

yes if you buy 1 license you will 99.99% of the time buy another if you have more computers :)
How true this post is! I just started running the Pro Version a few days ago on one of my computers and I WILL be buying another license for my other computer soon. Outstanding Security Program. :)

Well I guess it's soon enough, just bought my second license today. Now I'm Protected with MBAM Pro on all my computers. :lol:

Just a comment....

Malwarebytes is not an Antivirus software, but a anti-malware software.

You will still have to run an antivirus software along with Malwarebytes.

I've been looking around lately and been trying to reevaluate my personal choice for antivirus software. Avira AntiVir Premium Security Suite is the best so far, but I'm starting to second guess it; lots of false positives and honestly too sensitive, even at low detection levels.

I'm a subscriber to TIS Internet Security Pro, now Titanium Security (nice to see the lack of 6-8 background processes, but less of a GUI and ability to navigate to the easier/simple things like restoral through a quarantine.)

Ca ISS is simply vulnerable, whereas Norton (free from my ISP) doesn't cut it in too many ways to mention.

What's the recommended one out there in the professionals' eyes?

I'm hesitant to try anything new, as I always find myself trying to master it, only to be disappointed. Thanks. PS - first post. Sorry if off-topic a little.

(I signed up b/c of a MBAM-related error; is there a glossary or catalogue of the error codes for users or licensed ones?)

Thanks folks.

PSS - I almost forgot to say... with regard to the poster who stated that 99.9% of licensed users purchase again... Personally, I consider MBAM nothing short of the standard for A/M software and have found that most assume one has it. I consider it pretty darn generous to publih it for free (with, also, the frequency licensed users get updates!)

Hello :D

(I signed up b/c of a MBAM-related error; is there a glossary or catalogue of the error codes for users or licensed ones?)

As far the detection and removal is concerned whether Free or Paid they work in identical way, however, buying license unlocks the following features:

1. Realtime Protection Module
  2. Automatic Malicious Site Protection
  3. Scanner and Update Schedular
  4. Priority Customer Support

You may want to read Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions

Hello :D

As far the detection and removal is concerned whether Free or Paid they work in identical way, however, buying license unlocks the following features:

1. Realtime Protection Module
  2. Automatic Malicious Site Protection
  3. Scanner and Update Schedular
  4. Priority Customer Support

You may want to read Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for the timely reply. I'll navigate there and read-up.

Can you expand on Automatic Malicious Site Protection? I've seen this... "Malwarebyte's blocked..... 82.33.33.222" I just made that up, but wanted to ask: Is there a way to get expansion on those messages?

Thanks again for the welcome & prompt reply.

I've been looking around lately and been trying to reevaluate my personal choice for antivirus software. Avira AntiVir Premium Security Suite is the best so far, but I'm starting to second guess it; lots of false positives and honestly too sensitive, even at low detection levels. Malwarebytes Coupon Code

I'm a subscriber to TIS Internet Security Pro, now Titanium Security (nice to see the lack of 6-8 background processes, but less of a GUI and ability to navigate to the easier/simple things like restoral through a quarantine.)

Ca ISS is simply vulnerable, whereas Norton (free from my ISP) doesn't cut it in too many ways to mention.

What's the recommended one out there in the professionals' eyes? Malwarebytes Coupon Code

I'm hesitant to try anything new, as I always find myself trying to master it, only to be disappointed. Thanks. PS - first post. Sorry if off-topic a little.

Thanks folks.

PSS - I almost forgot to say... with regard to the poster who stated that 99.9% of licensed users purchase again... Personally, I consider MBAM nothing short of the standard for A/M software and have found that most assume one has it. I consider it pretty darn generous to publih it for free (with, also, the frequency licensed users get updates!)

I tried the 120 day trial of Avira full version and I hated it - The free version is much better!

I tried the 120 day trial of Avira full version and I hated it - The free version is much better!

I tried both Avira Free and full and did not like either and have settled on avast!

I've been looking around lately and been trying to reevaluate my personal choice for antivirus software. Avira AntiVir Premium Security Suite is the best so far, but I'm starting to second guess it; lots of false positives and honestly too sensitive, even at low detection levels.

What's the recommended one out there in the professionals' eyes?

Thanks folks.

Hello msicuu2.exe:

AV software comes down to user preference what you feel comfortable with there are several out there that will protect you well so you'll have to find the one that best suits your needs, AV software will protect your computer but like any security solution theres no 100% guarantee some things may still slip through so always be prepared for the worst,backup valuable data regularly,and of course a great supplement to any security setup is Malwarebytes Pro

To protect your computer from infection...download an anti-virus program from one these reliable vendors.

Remember to only install one AV to avoid conflicts

some good (Free) Anti-virus programs are

1. Antivir PersonalEdition Classic- Superior detection, the "free" version has no email scan.
  2. avast! Free Antivirus - Excellent detection, the freeware version includes email scanning.
  3. AVG Free Edition -free basic protection
  4. Microsoft Security Essentials ** - New, from Microsoft, with email scanning, easy to install, easy to use.
    ** Your PC must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.

some good (pay for) Anti-virus programs are

1. McAfee product comparison
  2. Norton product comparison
  3. Kaspersky product comparison
  4. Trend Micro product comparison
  5. AVG paid editions comparison
  6. Avast Product Comparison

:D