Had to go back to 2.0.2.1012

For some add reason, after upgrading to 2.0.3, malicious website blocking, even though checked as enabled kept giving me a message that it was disabled in the dashboard and tray icon.  No matter how I tried to re-configure it...still disabled.  With 2.0.2, all is good with the world

System specs:

Gigabyte X99 UD5 Wifi with i7 5820

16 GB of DDR4-2400 memory

Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit

As I said...installing 2.0.2 on top of 2.0.3 seems to have fixed the issue...

Hi guys,

I got really scared and now I am reasurred I am not the only one. I got the same issue and it is saying please turn on website protection, i did after some problems after it kept turning itself off and on again. I thought I got a Trojan or something.

It automatically does the updtes though how do you keep it at same version? Or go back in time and do it?

same problem here...out of nowhere MBAM pops up the notice that Malicious Website Protection is disabled.  Clicking "Fix" results in the tray icon context menu showing that it is then enabled, but opening the MBAM interface shows that it is not enabled...tried rebooting...no joy..

running W8.1 w/Update and all updates through 10.13.2014...upgraded over 2.02.1012 when offered as an automatic update...no problems whatsoever running 2.02.1012...will roll back tomorrow if no fix is posted...bummer

I also just did an update and the onne you mention it went to 

2.0.2.1012 it said right after the upgrade to it website protection disabled it is weird.

On my other computer it upgraded to 2.03.1025 had the same issue website protection disabled and finally got it on by manually turning it on to enabled and seems to be fine but we shall see

Same problem here.  In-app update from 2.0.2.1012 Premium about 10 hours ago.  Windows 7 HP SP1 x64.

Everything was OK at first.  I was surfing Windows images for wallpaper of Phoebe Tonkin when I blocked a malicious site alert.

And according to the log 2014.10.14.1 to 2014.10.14.2 came in 12 minutes after that.

Now Under Detection and Protection, Malicious Website Protection keeps itself at Disabled and moves itself back to it if you set to Enabled.

I rebooted to no change.  Reactivated license, no change.

Considering bobmitch's exerience with a fresh OS and MBAM install, I'll forego the fix-it-all mbam-clean solution.

Hope you guys can get it squared away.  Attached is the log and a screenshot.

FYI: MBAM folders in Program Files (x86) and Program Data are in Ad-Aware Pro exclusions.  Disabling Ad-Aware realtime protection has no effect on the MBAM issue.

MBAMlog.txt

post-28571-0-81785000-1413261046_thumb.j

For anyone still having problems with Malicious Website Protection:

1. Update the database (Dashboard > Update Now) ... it should update to v2014.10.14.04

2. From the system tray, exit Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

3. From the start menu (or desktop icon), restart Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

This should fix the problem.  If this (or any other problem remains), please create a SEPARATE forum post.  Let's close this one and move on.