Is this normal? My threa scan only takes 2 minutes

Hi.I'm a premium user of malwarebytes v2014.08.22.04  and when I scan with threat scan it takes only 2 minutes and 4 seconds to scan,is this normal? when I run threat scan on my fathers laptop it takes 18 minutes.I remember a long time ago when I installed malwarebytes 2.0 for the first time it took about 30 minutes and it found a pua/potensial unvanted program but from then on its only taken about 2-3 minutes to scann. A full scan takes about 1.5-2 hours.Hope theres nothing wrong with it since i realy like malwarebytes:)

Scan Times vary due to many factors some of which are listed below:

Size of disk

Disk type

Disk speed

Disk caching

CPU speed

Controller type and speed

Operating System used

Amount of files (including temp files)

Amount of folders

Rootkit scan or not (is this enabled)

Archive scan or not (is this enabled)

Amount of archived files such as zip, rar, sfx, etc.

PUM/PUP scans

Other security programs running at the same time that may potentially be monitoring all file accesses by any other process.

Drive integrity - if a drive is failing it can take a long time to ignore and bypass sectors on a disk or simply fail period and hang the scan.

Other ongoing disk I/O processes

System being infected can also affect speed of scans

Also note that changes in the MBAM database can also cause scan times to increase or decrease, so that's another factor to consider. As mentioned => HERE <=

Sometimes a conflict with your antivirus may be possible as well, you can try adding exclusions in your AV, the files that need to be excluded can be found HERE

(Sometimes slowdowns are not due to conflicts between MBAM and the AV, per se, but rather to older hardware, insufficient RAM, cluttered disks, excessively tight security settings, etc.)

That being said, if you like you can post one of your latest scan logs so we can see what's being scanned to see if it looks normal.

Post your scan log right here in this tread, simply click on More Reply Options (bottom right corner) and then attach the scan log.

Or you can simply Post Scan Log with the instructions below...

Please Open Malwarebytes go to the HISTORY Tab and then click on Application Logs and double-click to open the scan log you did, then click the Copy to Clipboard and post that log back here please so that we can see what was removed and possibly what's going on.

yeah I got a 120gb SSD and no I never overclock anything.Also im always very sceptical to downloading files I don't know.Here's the listparts scan results.I got very little things installed so that may also be why id does not take so long time.my fathers laptop wich took much longer to scan has'nt been formated in ages.

Result.txt

Hello Abrexus92:

The answer has become apparent. Your computer has one of Intel's finer 4th Generation Haswell processors, an abundance of RAM when needed, and reading an SSD. We should all be that fortunate!

If that was the very first Threat Scan on that system, identical and subsequent scans will probably be even slightly quicker.

HTH