unusual run-time error with mbam (among other system glitches)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well nix everything, I was moving stuff around/cleaning down here, having recently moved, and I noticed that the wireless signal was low, so I adjusted the antenna just a little bit and then the computer froze up and repeated attempts to reboot it, it would just freeze at a certain point on the windows xp loading screen.. Looks like its completed screwed. I guess I'm going to have to run a clean install again... Repair doesn't work.

• Root Admin

Sorry to hear that.  My recommendation.  Do not worry about any 3rd party software except antivirus (can even use Microsoft Security Essentials temporarily if you want) until ALL the Windows Service Pack, and Updates are applied and the computer is working well.  Then you can go about installing your normal software.

The Right Way To Install Windows XP
Doing a Fresh Install of Windows XP, Step-By-Step
Clean Install Windows XP

Differences between a Quick format and a regular format during a "clean" installation of Windows XP

okay i think a part of the problem was my d-link card... i installed an "old" belkin card that i never used before because where the antenna mount is was right below the port for the monitor so the antenna would have to go off to the side, and because the reception at my old place was already crappy that just wasn't working, i installed it here and no problems i didn't have to go through the process of having to go through device manager to set it up, and i had the disk (for once). i will get back to you with my progress.

okay what i did was reformat but with the current state i think it was... then after i got the belkin thing set up and avast running, i installed sp3 and ie8 and it installed ALL the updates without fail, took awhile though. i ran windows update through IE8 a few more times just to check if there was more, and i think it's done for now, other than optional things.

• Root Admin

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

• Root Admin

You may need to try and download this update and run it manually.

Microsoft Security Advisory: Description of the AppCompat update for Indeo codec: December 08, 2009

How to get the latest version of the Windows Update Agent

If  you're not going to use the Realtek Wireless card then you should uninstall it. The system is trying to load a driver that apparently is no longer there and is being flagged in the Event Logs.

S3 SjyPkt;SjyPkt;\??\c:\windows\system32\drivers\sjypkt.sys --> c:\windows\system32\drivers\SjyPkt.sys [?]

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

okay the fix-it found 4 problems, fixed 3 of them, "Service registration is missing or corrupt"... when i click "get online solutions tailored to your pc..." it keeps telling me to retry (i don't know if it's because i keep screwing up the "captcha" (i hate those things) or if it's just no longer available as an option, when i click on "just show me the solutions online" it takes me to the beta discontinued page... guess i'll look it up.... as for the realtek wireless card, i'm not sure, would it stabilize my current connection via the belkin card in any way? i've been noticing some odd behaviour with it, it's either always "excellent" (which i've never seen with my ancient d-link card) or it just drops signal at seemingly random intervals...

here's the mbam check:

CheckResults.txt

also when i go to IE8 to check for updates, on the page that has the "Express" and "Custom" install buttons, right above it is "New! Get Microsoft Update today!" should i install that too? or is that for win7/vista and up?

just "unusual" latency spikes and audio glitches, but i guess i that's not in the jurisdiction of malwarebytes now that i guess it's shown that i'm not infected, and i can go back and review some of the previous posts and see if i can't fix up the audio at least... the latency issue i should be able to figure out on my own too.

"If  you're not going to use the Realtek Wireless card then you should uninstall it. The system is trying to load a driver that apparently is no longer there and is being flagged in the Event Logs.

S3 SjyPkt;SjyPkt;\??\c:\windows\system32\drivers\sjypkt.sys --> c:\windows\system32\drivers\SjyPkt.sys [?]"

there is this however, should i re-install it or uninstall it? i mean in regards to my current wireless set up, would it possibly solve my lag spikes?