Malwarebytes Forum Updated

• Administrators

Starting this afternoon, our beloved Malwarebytes Forum is getting a much needed update.

As you can see, today’s initial update is strictly to reorganize the forum’s topic list to make it easier to quickly navigate to the choice topic.

Also, with this reorganization, we are putting up top what our users are saying the most helpful part of our forums is: Malware Removal Help.

The Malwarebytes Forum will remain open during “construction” and we hope you remain patient as we work through these changes.

Please report any errors or problems with the update below and we’ll get to them as quickly as we can.

Thank you for your continuing support!

Great work, MBAM team!

daledoc1

PS One humble suggestion -- perhaps add each product's abbreviation in some of the sub-forum headings? Since we rarely -- if ever -- call MBAM by its full name, perhaps it might be helpful for newcomers to see the common abbreviations, at least for MBAM (and perhaps for MBSB and MBAR and MEE??) to help guide them?

(I have some screen shots to illustrate what I describe, but cannot post them in this forum section.)

In general we want to reduce the dependency on abbreviations. However this is an ongoing change as we work through it.

Gotcha -- I merely thought that it could help folks to recognize the correct sub-section, as everything starts with "Malwarebytes _____". At least for MBAM, it might provide a bit of easier recognition.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. :)

Perhaps relocate this pinned topic (IP Blocking False Positives) to the newly split website/IP blocking sub-section from here to here?

(I realize that this is all a work in progress. Someone may already be "on the case" for this. If so, please pardon my premature nitpick and my bringing coals to Newcastle.)

Yep, that's a change I wanted to see as well. I think we still will do so, but it's a matter of also moving all those website FP topics into a new area as well, separating them from file FPs.

Yep, that's a change I wanted to see as well. I think we still will do so, but it's a matter of also moving all those website FP topics into a new area as well, separating them from file FPs.

Thanks, exile!

Well, if not a move, then perhaps at least a duplication of the IP FP instructions?

ATM, there's no pinned/sticky topic with instructions on how to report an IP FP in the new sub-section.

So, we'd have to send a newcomer to (or (s)he would have to find) one sub-section for instructions and another for their post.

:blush: <Just sayin' -- and not wanting to be nitpicky in any way > :blush: