Can't register?!

Ok I have my back up disk which has my ID # and my Key # on it. I have tried both after re downloading the new 1.6 version since it terminated after update and neither code will register? I have the paid version. Is it because I didn't run the mbam-clean.exe? Which code do I use to re-register (key or ID?). And which steps should I take?

Thanks

Hello maluser,

Copying the Id and Key from a CD can cause some issues. When transferring over the ID and Key make sure that you copy it exactly as is and to make sure to include the dashes(-) and no spaces.

Also make sure to check your zeroes(0) and Os as these two can easily get confused and cause you to get a failed register message.

Let me know if you continue to have issues.

I have recently needed to install mbam on a back-up computer so I installed my originally purchased copy of ver 1.46 and I copied and pasted both the ID and key from the confirmation email which I received at purchase time. When attempting to register I receive a message that the ID and/or key are invalid. Even when I laboriously type in the ID and key (no spaces all u/c and hyphens as specified as in the email) I get the same result.

Can you assist please?

I have recently needed to install mbam on a back-up computer so I installed my originally purchased copy of ver 1.46 and I copied and pasted both the ID and key from the confirmation email which I received at purchase time. When attempting to register I receive a message that the ID and/or key are invalid. Even when I laboriously type in the ID and key (no spaces all u/c and hyphens as specified as in the email) I get the same result.

Can you assist please?

:welcome:

Only one license can be installed per computer. You'll need to purchase an additional license to install on the second computer. Also note it's better to start your own topic rather then replying as it becomes confusing for the staff members. :)

:welcome:

Only one license can be installed per computer. You'll need to purchase an additional license to install on the second computer. Also note it's better to start your own topic rather then replying as it becomes confusing for the staff members. :)

Point taken re starting new topic.

Re the installation on a second computer... If my old computer dies and I have to install mbam on a new one that would mean it wouldn't be able to be registered either wouldn't it? Surely I would be allowed to do that.

Point taken re starting new topic.

Re the installation on a second computer... If my old computer dies and I have to install mbam on a new one that would mean it wouldn't be able to be registered either wouldn't it? Surely I would be allowed to do that.

You can move MBAM to a new computer, it is a lifetime single computer license. Just take it off the previous one using mbam-clean. I noted you said that your version was 1.46, You should update to the newest version.

Regards

You can move MBAM to a new computer, it is a lifetime single computer license. Just take it off the previous one using mbam-clean. I noted you said that your version was 1.46, You should update to the newest version.

Regards

I wanted to avoid any possible of incompatibility with the latest version when using the ID and key supplied with 1.46. I planned to upgrade after installing. I didn't know about mbam-clean as I have only just joined the forum but I did locate a read on it here http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=104028 so I will give it a try.

Many thanks for your help.