Best Antivirus

tofayel521

Hi,

Most of us know that there are so many antivirus are available in the market such as Avira,Kaspersky,Avast,Macfee Norton etc. But I am very much confused what antivirus should I use? What things should be countable to choose a best anti virus? Have any link to give me a good suggestion?

Regards,

Hello and :welcome:

Asking such a question is like asking whats the best car to use. You will get hundreds of different opinions on this subject. You already mentioned some good ones to use, just pick the one that you like. Then add Malwarebytes Pro to the list and you are all set.

I use MSE, Norton, Mcafee, Sophos and Avast. You may ask why so many, well I am in the computer field and I work with many customers and they use different products so I support all of them. They all work about the same so long as you keep it updated.

I use Kaspersky and for those who cannot afford to purchase or do not want to purchase an antivirus and/or who don't want to have to do much configuration on an antivirus, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.

I installed the free version of avast! several months ago and I am extremely impressed with it in every regard - efficacy, ease of use, configurability, and it includes many things usually only found on paid versions. It works beautifully with the PRO version of Malwarebytes too and it's the lightest AV on resources I've tried (and I've tried quite a few!)

Like firefox said - you'll get a lot of different opinions. The above combination suits me and my system/other software very well.

I use MSE, Norton, Mcafee, Sophos and Avast.

The above from Firefox is your best answer, followed by - ""They all work about the same so long as you keep it updated."" :)

For a free A/virus the choice is very wide and may depend on your Operating System, or just what you prefer.

About 90% of A/virus programs are basically similar, so you only need to decide if you will pay or use a free version.

I have used many, and as mountaintree 16 added, I recommend "Microsoft Security Essentials" also........

Simple, easy to update, easy to use on most computers, works very well, and FREE -

I have used this (MSE) program side by side with Malwarebytes program for quite some time (on Win 7 and on XP Pro).

Together they do a great job for my systems protection, but you will get everyone with their own favorites posting the same.

Thank You for asking - :)

I've used a lot. The one I've always come back to is Malwarebytes. It's saved my computers countless times. (or I'm sure they could be counted, but I'd just as soon not :lol: ) I like to use AVG and Adaware on the computers, as well. I'm not a big fan of Avast but it does work. Mostly it's just what you like best.

I've used a lot. The one I've always come back to is Malwarebytes. It's saved my computers countless times. (or I'm sure they could be counted, but I'd just as soon not :lol: ) I like to use AVG and Adaware on the computers, as well. I'm not a big fan of Avast but it does work. Mostly it's just what you like best.

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus, it's purpose is to compliment your antivirus and hopefully catch whatever your AV might miss.

Hi,

Most of us know that there are so many antivirus are available in the market such as Avira,Kaspersky,Avast,Macfee Norton etc. But I am very much confused what antivirus should I use? What things should be countable to choose a best anti virus? Have any link to give me a good suggestion?

Regards,

The best antivirus does not exist. Try some from trusted vendors and choose the one you are most comfortable with. Some help/ideas you might get from AV comparatives.

All great answers to a "sensitive question" which drives a lot of moderators crazy...but these were all quite good! And I can sympathize with the question because unless you spend time testing them all, you don't know what to believe, even if you watch the independent testing! The Malwarebytes forum gets a "high five"...wars start at Wilders for this same questions! :D

Hello, this will be a 2 part reply.

Hmmm... based on my experiences and research I've done on the latest antivirus software I would go with either (1) Avast Internet Security. or (2) Norton Internet Security 2012. However, I recommend a layered security that combines either one of those virus programs with Malwarebytes. (I will post a video below)

Why do you ask? Because both offer great protection and both are so light on your machine that you won't notice any type of slowdown at all. Check out these 3 reviews.

Norton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yj2vm_cMyU

Avast Internet Security 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Afh5E3Rp0&feature=related