Silent Install of MBAM

Are there any arguments to pass to the executable when installing to make the insatll silent? I see in the changes.doc file that when version 1.25 was released support for the "Ability to run a truly silent install" was added. When I check out the command line parameters in the help file I don't really see anything that would make the install silent. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Evan

• 1 year later...
Solved my own problem. If anyone needs help with this i found my answer by check the INNO Setup (which is what MBAM uses) help file. To install a INNO package silently just use the command parameter /silent or /verysilent.

Thanks!

Can we specify the path in which it installs? Basically I want to do this because I'm sure the path will change on 64bit machines. Ya know, program files (x86) or whatever.

Also, how come I can type mbam in start>run but mbam.exe isn't anywhere near C:\windows\ or the system32 directory?

I see in the changes.doc file that when version 1.25 was released
Hi -

Please note that V1.25 is very old - This version should not be used - Version 1.46 is current with a Database of 5160 current -

We have a Beta , Version 1.50 , being reviewed now and it will be the new version -

Thank You -

• Root Admin

The forum is mainly for Consumer Support. As a business you should be contacting Corporate Support via email in most cases.

The entire install process takes less than 30 seconds on a modern computer for a home user. In general there just really shouldn't be a need to install silently on your own personal computer because once it's installed you probably may never need to reinstall it.

• 1 year later...

From a Corporate/Enterprise standpoint, many organizations control their Windows and 3rd-party updates through a centralized update server. We use a combination of WSUS and SolarWinds Patch Management (formerly Eminentware). The packages we build have to install silently. We are building a package for the installer and the periodic updates. So, yes, it can be needed, though it is a fast install! :)

Greetings grandgroove :)

It sounds like your company might be interested in our Corporate product offering. We have several options, not just for scripting, but also for central database update management (so your clients don't need to reach out to the web for database updates, while allowing you to ensure that you always have the latest database for all clients in your environment, but pushed from your own server).

We also have an upcoming central management offering called Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition. It not only allows you to centralize database updates, but also allows your admins to control your client installs of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from a central location without having to push custom scripts, all using a clean, admin-centric interface :).

Keep an eye out, and if you wish, sign up for our Corporate Newsletter to receive periodic updates on new offerings and news for our Corporate customers.

If you have any questions or are interested in our Corporate offerings, please contact our Corporate division and they will assist you with any questions you might have.

Oh nice! Thank you for the info! That does sound appealing.

Greetings grandgroove :)

It sounds like your company might be interested in our Corporate product offering. We have several options, not just for scripting, but also for central database update management (so your clients don't need to reach out to the web for database updates, while allowing you to ensure that you always have the latest database for all clients in your environment, but pushed from your own server).

We also have an upcoming central management offering called Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition. It not only allows you to centralize database updates, but also allows your admins to control your client installs of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from a central location without having to push custom scripts, all using a clean, admin-centric interface :).

Keep an eye out, and if you wish, sign up for our Corporate Newsletter to receive periodic updates on new offerings and news for our Corporate customers.

If you have any questions or are interested in our Corporate offerings, please contact our Corporate division and they will assist you with any questions you might have.

The only trouble is we don't push out MBAM to every machine in our enterprise. We install it on machines at our branch locations where their local Internet traffic is not funneled back through our SSL VPN to Corporate. We buy one-off licenses for the realtime protection. I'd say we have maybe 10-15 machines at most.

Ah, I see. So really it's a small number of clients that you have and they reside in multiple locations and aren't interconnected to the central office then?

If they did have a way of connecting, they too could be managed by MEE.

Still, it might be a good idea to look into Corporate licensing to see what the Corporate version offers, especially with regards to doing offline database updates. It's a big saver on time and bandwidth, while allowing you to keep each client fully patched with the latest database.

Also keep in mind, that technically speaking, use of the Consumer version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (including the PRO version with paid licenses) is against our EULA, so we'd obviously prefer that you look into Corporate licensing, even if for only 10-15 machines.

If you wish, and if you aren't using the Corporate version already, you may purchase 1-20 licenses right on our website here. It is an annual subscription, but it is very affordable, and of course, this means that your clients would then be running the Corporate edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which has many features and options that aren't available in the Consumer version, including greater administrative control of the protection module, which is an excellent solution, especially if your clients are running from limited user accounts as it helps to keep the program that much more locked down to prevent tampering with settings.