Edit posts/Remove Posts

General Forum,

I couldn't decide where to post this inquiry. I received a reply from someone trying to help me and then replied to their post on the Hijack This forum. I then thought it would be okay if I added something shortly afterwards. It seems it would be better to edit my previous post so the "replies" number stays straight. Is this an option/good idea? Can I delete the added post?

Thanks in advance.

General Forum,

I couldn't decide where to post this inquiry. I received a reply from someone trying to help me and then replied to their post on the Hijack This forum. I then thought it would be okay if I added something shortly afterwards. It seems it would be better to edit my previous post so the "replies" number stays straight. Is this an option/good idea? Can I delete the added post?

Thanks in advance.

Hello tqh:

You won't be able to edit a previously sent post till you have passed 50 posts. Your current membership group is not permitted to reply to a post in the HJT subforum unless you were the original author of the topic (OP). Once your post is seen on the forum, it may only be cancelled by a Moderator or Administrator.

HTH :)

• 10 years later...
9 minutes ago, twathle said:

Yes.  I almost always have to edit my posts becuz they have missing words and such.  But MB isn't giving me the right to correct my mistakes.  I don't like that.

Post editing will come in time. It was removed for new users due to abuse.

Also please start your own topics and not tag onto a 10 yr old topic  or any other topic for that matter.

Edited by Porthos