Shell_NotifyIcon error

I received the attached error once only on startup. Then Malwarebytes realtime protection stopped.

I rebooted a few times and did not receive the error again.

Windows XP, Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes 1.51.1.1800.real time protection on - web site blocking only.

post-14642-0-63045800-1311923626.jpg

Hello John A:

If you can locate the associated notice with MS Windows' Event Viewer, please post its image here in a reply if it differs and contains more information from your attached image.

At this point you should maintain a "watchful waiting" mode.

HTH :)

Greetings John A :)

I've seen this error on rare occasions myself. I can generally just open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Protection tab and click the checkbox next to Enable protection module. and the PM will be up and running normally again.

I'm still not sure what causes the issue, but since it's so rare, I don't worry about it too much and I haven't seen too many users reporting it since our latest version of the program was released.