Is my copy od MBAM Legit?

Up until now I have had two licenses for MBAM Pro and thought I would treat myself to another one.

Found a good price on eBay and bought it today. The seller sent me the license information by email and it worked. However, I noted that my ID for my versions purchased through Cleverbridge is XXXXX-XXXXX and the one supplied by the eBay seller is only XXXXX.

Guy has a good record on eBay but should I be worried? I don't do pirate.

Thanks

• Staff

Up until now I have had two licenses for MBAM Pro and thought I would treat myself to another one.

Found a good price on eBay and bought it today. The seller sent me the license information by email and it worked. However, I noted that my ID for my versions purchased through Cleverbridge is XXXXX-XXXXX and the one supplied by the eBay seller is only XXXXX.

Guy has a good record on eBay but should I be worried? I don't do pirate.

Thanks

Hi.

We do not authorize any affiliates or resellers to sell on sites such as eBay or similar. These may not be legitimate purchases of our software and Malwarebytes is not bound by anything inferred by what was sent to you in the form of any documentation.

If you have a link, please provide it and we will investigate.

Hi.

We do not authorize any affiliates or resellers to sell on sites such as eBay or similar. These may not be legitimate purchases of our software and Malwarebytes is not bound by anything inferred by what was sent to you in the form of any documentation.

If you have a link, please provide it and we will investigate.

Hi Tom, we have "talked" before.

<<Link removed>>

If you can verify that this is bogus, maybe I could get my money back from PayPal. Thanks for the reply.

I apologize for the typo in the subject line of my original post but I searched in vain for an edit button.

• Staff

Hi Tom, we have "talked" before.

If you can verify that this is bogus, maybe I could get my money back from PayPal. Thanks for the reply.

I apologize for the typo in the subject line of my original post but I searched in vain for an edit button.

Thanks for the link, my suggestion is to contact PayPal for a refund.

I'll submit the eBay link to corporate for investigation, thanks for contacting us

Thanks for the link, my suggestion is to contact PayPal for a refund.

I'll submit the eBay link to corporate for investigation, thanks for contacting us

Tom, there will be no refund unless corporate backs me up. It will be simply his word against mine.

• Staff

Tom, there will be no refund unless corporate backs me up. It will be simply his word against mine.

Not sure that we can do anything about that at all. I'll check though.

• Staff

Thanks

By the way, there are many offers of Malwarebytes Antimalware on eBay.

Please send me the links via the forum PM system.

We have a team dedicated to taking these down, none of them are legit

Please send me the links via the forum PM system.

We have a team dedicated to taking these down, none of them are legit

You don't need me. Just do an eBay search for Malwareytes and voila, there they are.

Hi jadinolf

Also this applies to any other persons reading this topic

You should have 2 items to register your Malwarebytes copy -

These are 2 items for your registration , they are a Registration Key and an ID Key -

Unless both are entered (we prefer you use copy and paste as an 0 or a o may be misread) the registered version will not work -

TeMerc has listed the example of configuration of one of these above -

Thank You

• Staff

Thanks to all for your information.

As to all those who can read this thread, DO NOT buy any licenses from any sources such as eBay, Craigslist, Youtube or any such site. To the best of my knowledge, none of our affiliates, resellers or partners are permitted to sell on those types of sites.

Further, Malwarebytes is not bound by any agreements which these were sold under and users will not likely get any reimbursements from Malwarebytes.

All keys and IDs will very likely be blacklisted when these are discovered.

@TeMerc

Tom, perhaps we could start a pinned topic in "Honorary Members" for the specific purpose of reporting suspicious sightings from eBay and similar.

We already have a similar pinned topic there for piracy of licenses.

Hi jadinolf

Also this applies to any other persons reading this topic

You should have 2 items to register your Malwarebytes copy -

These are 2 items for your registration , they are a Registration Key and an ID Key -

Unless both are entered (we prefer you use copy and paste as an 0 or a o may be misread) the registered version will not work -

TeMerc has listed the example of configuration of one of these above -

Thank You

Yep, I have two Pro versions purchased thru Malwarebytes. I destroyed the email with the questionable info. As I said, I don't do pirate.

Hope you can shut them down but you also have to take steps to change your licensing method to defeat these bad guys.

avast! has completely stopped these illegitimate sales on eBay. Maybe you should talk to the folks in the Czech Republic.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend.

Thanks, Gordon, but I'm out 15 bucks.

For any other persons reading this, the price of the Paid version is $24.95 (with the odd 10% discount on some sites).

If you are offered a paid version for less than this, chances are it is a pirate copy -

Thank You

I am sorry for interrupting here but why don't you provide PayPal with a link to this topic/thread here . This is the official MBAM forum and since MBAM staff member says eBay sellers selling MBAM are not legitimate then this may help you with the refund.

There's another way to look at this! jadinolf, your lost is a gain for protecting future potential Malwarebytes customers from buying non-legit MBAM copies. Job well done. sP30a.gifsP30a.gifsP30a.gif

Glad to be of service.

I wonder if all the other Malwarebytes listed on eBay are illegitimate as well?

I'm getting to be afraid to buy anything there.

Glad to be of service.

I wonder if all the other Malwarebytes listed on eBay are illegitimate as well?

I'm getting to be afraid to buy anything there.

Hello jadinolf

Basically thats what TeMerc is saying in his post, just about Malwarebytes. hth

Thanks to all for your information.

As to all those who can read this thread, DO NOT buy any licenses from any sources such as eBay, Craigslist, Youtube or any such site. To the best of my knowledge, none of our affiliates, resellers or partners are permitted to sell on those types of sites.

Further, Malwarebytes is not bound by any agreements which these were sold under and users will not likely get any reimbursements from Malwarebytes.

All keys and IDs will very likely be blacklisted when these are discovered.