Thirsty Squirrel

gypsygrace

This is getting raunchy :)

Excuse me?? YOU try drinking beer through a straw.. it's terrible.. it turns it into foam and isn't very drinkable; i.e; it SUCKS.. THAT was the word play I was referring to.

Gracie misunderstood that was my meaning (she really *didn't* "get it, Steve" which led to her comment.. Which led to Popeye's comment.. or was that vice-versa?

Besides; REAL squirrels drink water: squirrel135.jpg

I will admit that sometimes I have had a risque moment or two.. As well as a few adianoeta.. (that's "double entendres" for the verbiage-challenged) But I stay on the correct side of a very fine line, believe me as Ron (AdvancedSetup) has no qualms about letting me know if even my shadow crosses over. Now I'm CERTAIN that a few people are going say something about THIS picture BUT, it came directly from today's St. Pete Times newspaper and is a photo taken by Elgin Green, a visitor from Nepean Ontario, Canada which he titled, Cooling Off.

And I stand by my original interpretation that it WASN'T a male squirrel drinking those two beers as a male would NEVER mix those two particular brands!

Now; a gaggles of geese and myself have a Bridge game to get to, with very well strained "lemming-aide" as the drink of the day. ;)

Slightly frosted in Canadian Air Conditioned air is sunny, but cool, Florida.. I bid you adieu.. wait.. one of the geese said I should have bid 4 hearts.. Danged foul fowl.. AFLACK!! :)

~Steve

Excuse me?? YOU try drinking beer through a straw.. it's terrible.. it turns it into foam and isn't very drinkable; i.e; it SUCKS.. THAT was the word play I was referring to.

Gracie misunderstood that was my meaning (she really *didn't* "get it, Steve" which led to her comment.. Which led to Popeye's comment.. or was that vice-versa?

Besides; REAL squirrels drink water: squirrel135.jpg

I will admit that sometimes I have had a risque moment or two.. As well as a few adianoeta.. (that's "double entendres" for the verbiage-challenged) But I stay on the correct side of a very fine line, believe me as Ron (AdvancedSetup) has no qualms about letting me know if even my shadow crosses over. Now I'm CERTAIN that a few people are going say something about THIS picture BUT, it came directly from today's St. Pete Times newspaper and is a photo taken by Elgin Green, a visitor from Nepean Ontario, Canada which he titled, Cooling Off.

And I stand by my original interpretation that it WASN'T a male squirrel drinking those two beers as a male would NEVER mix those two particular brands!

Now; a gaggles of geese and myself have a Bridge game to get to, with very well strained "lemming-aide" as the drink of the day. :D

Slightly frosted in Canadian Air Conditioned air is sunny, but cool, Florida.. I bid you adieu.. wait.. one of the geese said I should have bid 4 hearts.. Danged foul fowl.. AFLACK!! :D

~Steve

Yep, I knew you'd bring women into this. :D

btw, no, I didn't MISunderstand, Steve. I got it. I had a friend once that ALWAYS drank beer through a straw. I thought it would be disgusting but took a sip anyway. Yep, I was right, it is disgusting. :D

Also, you say that it has to be a female because no male would use a straw. You admitted that it tastes like crap, meaning you have also used a straw, you are a male right? :D:o

My point that went over Steve's head was hand a guy a beer, any beer and he is usually happy.

Sure, some prefer a particular brand but if he runs out, just hand him another brand and he's happy. As long as he has a beer. ;)

Yep, I knew you'd bring women into this. :D

[...]

Also, you say that it has to be a female because no male would use a straw. You admitted that it tastes like crap, meaning you have also used a straw, you are a male right? :D :D

[...]

I tried it ONCE; ONE sip.. Also used to sprinkle salt into my beer to watch the bubbles.. (OK; I did that THREE times.. it was fun :D)

And *I* didn't bring any women into this.. My wife frowns on me dating.. Like with a shotgun in her hand type frown. :D

So there. :D

~Steve.. (guilty until proven GUILTY - just like a woman :o)

Just for the record I can't stand beer, with or without a straw. Keep it nice boys and girls :D

A rare breed, indeed, you are. :)You prefer a glass of wine now and again? I like Merlot, myself. :D

Everything is cool between Steve and I. Ask him if you like :D

I tried it ONCE; ONE sip.. Also used to sprinkle salt into my beer to watch the bubbles.. (OK; I did that THREE times.. it was fun :D)

I never could figure that one out either. It is also nasty. ick

..And *I* didn't bring any women into this.. My wife frowns on me dating.. Like with a shotgun in her hand type frown. :D ...

Okay, got me there. I should have said "the female gender." :D

Just for the record I can't stand beer, with or without a straw. Keep it nice boys and girls :D

Gracie and I are good friends Ron.. no problems; just kidding 'round..

For the record, I haven't had a beer in 15 years.. and only a Jack Daniels once or twice a year.. :D

~Steve

Guest garybear

Hello gypsygrace! Thank you for your thread It seems to have loosen members up a little. Malware is a serious business, but it's good to have a little fun like this and from all the responses you have got, it looks like everyone is enjoying posting here.

I have a Canadian Hunter and water nearly every night. That's better than taking drugs!! :blink:

Our old buddies BrewDog have done it again. Not content with winning back the "strongest beer in the world" title last February with its Sink the Bismarck!, they've now upped their game with a new brew that is 55 percent alcohol by volume and carries a $765 price tag. It's called The End of History.

Oh, and did we mention that the bottles come in stuffed animals-like stuffed animals that were once alive? The 12 bottles have been made featuring seven dead stoats (a kind of weasel), four squirrels and one rabbit. James Watt, one of the two guys behind BrewDog, put it better than we ever could: "The impact of The End of History is a perfect conceptual marriage between taxidermy, art and craft brewing." Just like we've all been waiting for!

skJTA.jpg

Creepy squirrel and a Wabbit cover beer.

Not for the weak at heart

Ha, Ha,.. gypsygrace,

I like the squirrel pic..!

And on the subject of drinks... I'll add a light comment... Hopefully someone will thing it's funny..!

Some years ago, when I had a CABG (triple by-pass surgery) in Oklahoma City, the surgeon, John Chaffin,

who is WELL KNOWN, and is the head surgeon on the transplant team, performed the surgery.

Afterwards and before I was released from the hospital, he came in my room and asked me if I liked wine...

I replied that I did't really like it, but admitted that I used to drink quite a bit of beer, but now only have one occasionally.

He said,"Well, you'll get to likin' it. I want you to drink a glass or two of Red wine daily, because it good for your cardiovascular system."

I said that I'd heard the beneficial effect was from the grapes, and grape juice did the same thing.

To which he replied, "Oh, the Baptists think it's in the grape juice, the American Medical Assn. thinks it's the alcohol. We really don't know.. but what we do know is that those Italians over in Italy, eat all of those rich sausages and cheeses, etc., and they drink a glass of red wine with each meal and they don't have the problems we have here in America. So just drink the wine and don't worry about it."

So, I told him, OK.. If you want me to drink wine, I want a perscription.

He laughed and said, "Are you serious?"

I said that I was. So he whipped out his pad and wrote me a perscription.

Later, I put it in a frame with his business card... and it hangs here in the computer room..!

P.S. As I said earlier, Dr. John Chaffin, who is the head surgeon of the transplant team at Integris Baptist Hospital in Okahoma City is WELL KNOWN.

I didn't realize how wide was his reputation until a teller at one of the local banks, who is also a friend, told me about her relative (cousin ?, Im unsure) who lives in Conecticut,.. FIFTEEN years ago, was in need of a heart transplant. His doctor recommended and refered him to Dr. Chaffin in OKC, who preformed the surgery. The man is still doing OK..! 15 years later..!

"Thank God and 3 other white men" as old Red Fox used to say... !

wuzww :blink: