MBAM Update

Run-time error "7" Out of Memory.

The cause of this behavior is unknown.

Hi - Can you believe the above statement from M/soft :) although it seems to be related to Visual basics -

Microsoft Visual Basic Common Controls are here <----

As you do not list your Operating system or Antivirus and any Firewall , please follow this to Un/ReInstall the program -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

• Root Admin

That is a generic Microsoft error message which basically means that for some reason you cannot locate the update server. In "most" cases it is due to your Firewall blocking access, in others its been linked to the family filtering add-on for phishing sites. Try checking your Firewall settings - review FAQ from pinned section in forum at the top.

You may also need to do a factory reset of your router and then set up a password for the router so that it cannot be changed by someone else.

Hi -

This may fix the problem. Please read carefully.

We can release your IP address settings, flush the DNS resolver cache, then renew you IP address settings.

It will be easier and less error prone, if we create a batch file to do this... please follow these steps:

1. Copy/paste all text in the code box (below)...to Notepad. (Do not use a Word Processor or WordPad).
    @echo off
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    del %0

2. Save type as "All Files"
  3. Save the Notepad file on your desktop...as DNSreset.bat..
    Note : The .bat extension is very important
  4. Double click on DNSreset.bat to run it.
    Vista-Win7 users: Right click on DNSreset.bat, select "Run As Administrator" to run it.
    A black CMD window will flash, then disappear...this is normal. The batch file will be deleted when finished.
    The IP address settings should be released and renewed and the DNS cache flushed.

Hi -

We can release your IP address settings, flush the DNS resolver cache, then renew you IP address settings.

It will be easier and less error prone, if we create a batch file to do this... please follow these steps:

1. Copy/paste all text in the code box (below)...to Notepad. (Do not use a Word Processor or WordPad).
    @echo off
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    del %0

Vista-Win7 users: Right click on DNSreset.bat, select "Run As Administrator" to run it.
    A black CMD window will flash, then disappear...this is normal. The batch file will be deleted when finished.
    The IP address settings should be released and renewed and the DNS cache flushed.

Hi noknojon,

MBAM is allowed in my Firewall. Ithink the problem is with the speddy of my conection. I can't compete with others users, but oday is working. If I have problems again I'll follow your instructions.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Hi -

@echo off
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    del %0

Thank You - :P

Hi noknojon,

The problem appears again. Please tell me: if I execute what you, what more I hvae todo?

Thanks

Hi -

Please tell me what error number is here today - Is it the same or another error -

Can you also list your main language , as we might find a better place to help you -

Thank You -

Hi nokjon,

At first: can you forgive me for my bad English? I live in Brasil and I'll speak em Portuguese. I hope you can undestand.

Minha ultima atualiza

English Translation of above - Well , from my transtator {Don't expect much better as I am Australian :) }-

Mine finalizes updating was in nov/6. After that did not more obtain to bring up to date. The updating began, went to a certain extent (50,70,80%)e afterwards restarted. Appeared a message (

English Translation of above - Well , from my transtator {Don't expect much better as I am Australian :) }-

Mine finalizes updating was in nov/6. After that did not more obtain to bring up to date. The updating began, went to a certain extent (50,70,80%)e afterwards restarted. Appeared a message (

Hi -

At 50 kbs it is very slow - Can you ask your Internet Provider if they have an accelerator for you to use -

Sometimes this will speed things up a bit more - This holds items in packets and then will load it quicker -

How long (time) will it take normally , as our updates are getting a bit bigger now - This can be your problem -

Thank You -

Hi,

The accelerator is to navigate not for download. I never had problems with MBAM. I have Avast 5, MSSE and SuperAntispyware with no problems. Now MBAM is working in this machine and another with Windows XP Home SP 3. By the way, the problem with my conection is transitory. I'm going tofix it quickly.

Thank you

Hi -

You still need to remove it - When you scan with MSE , it will cause problems with Avast - Then when Avast finds MSE it will cause problems -

The 2 programs will not agree with each other and will not work properly - Sorry :) -

The updates for MSE are now getting bigger , so your Dial up may have problems with this also -

Thank You -