Full Scan Freezes

Greetings all!

I have recently d/loaded Malwarebytes (free version) onto my computer (XP Home Edition). I've run several "Quick Scan's" without any drama's at all.

Today I tried to run the "Full Scan", but it froze at 16931 objects scanned - C:\Program Files\Common\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudible.ax Ran it a second time and it froze on the same file.

I had a browse through the posts here and saw a similar post: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=60274 In that post it mentioned to try unchecking the option to "Enable advanced heuristics engine". I did that and ran the full scan again. I got further this time, to 17319 objects scanned, when it froze on this file.... C:\Program Files\Common\Ahead\DSFilter\NeDiscManager.dll

Any suggestions??

Cheers and thanks. :)

Hello Pips: :)

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Full Scan, kindly update (4511) MBAM, and try another Full Scan with Heuristics Shuriken Disabled. Please post back result including Service Pack, Installed Security Products, and the locale (e.g. English, Japanese etc)

Hiya Haider,

Updated to 4513 and ran scan once more, again with Heuristics Shuriken Disabled. It froze again, at 17108 objects scanned - C:\Program Files\Common\Ahead\DSFilter\NeBDThumbnail.ax. Just can't seem to get past this point.

I have Service Pack 3 Build 2600 installed, and I also have MacAfee Internet Security running. Im' in Oz, so the language is English.

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Hey Pips -

Us Aussies need to stick together - Have a go at this -

Also can you please read This Item that we have about MaAfee Internet Security -

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Thanks -

Hi -

First - Click on this link and let me know what it says. It should be just a 4-digit number in the upper-left corner.

NEXT -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

EDIT -

If you think that you may have an infection please post back with any information -

The exceptions you have to do are listed in POST # 4 above.....

To enter exceptions in Symantec Endpoint Protection do this:

• * Right Click on your Symantec Endpoint Protection in the system trey
    * Click on Open Symantec Endpoint Protection
    * In the Status Window Click on Options in the section Antivirus and Antispyware Protection.
    * Click on Change Settings
    * Click on File System Auto-Protect Tab
    * Click on Centralized Exceptions Button
    * Click on Add....
    * Click on Security Risk Exception
    * Click on File and browse to the location where the files are located (as listed above in Post #4)
    * Repeat steps 7-9 until you have added all the files to the exceptions
    * Click Close when done adding exceptions
    * Click OK
    * Exit Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Ok, Got all the exceptions added, started a scan and have the same issue still. I'm going to start over at the beginning of this post and try it all the way through one more time.

C:\DOCUME~1\spastore\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf682.dir00\mbam.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\spastore\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf682.dir00\appcompat.txt

Any other options without wiping the hard drive?

Since those are temp files, you should be able to remove them safely. Please do the following:

Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Please download TFC from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Close any open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.

Once that's done, try another scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to see if it still freezes or not.

Hello spastore and :blink:

Since you are getting a detection of Tidserv you are infected, so lets have the experts take a look at your computer to help you get it cleaned off....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

PS: Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button instead of other ones when you start replying. :blink:

• 3 months later...

I have a similar full scan freeze problem but it is different. I can get through almost 50,000 objects scanned before the full scan freezes. It freezes on the same file every time: C:MSOCache\All Users\900000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-01500448383C9\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\1033\OCLNINTL.OPC.

I am running Windows 7 (64-bit), with the latest version of Malwarebytes 1.50 and database. I have updated my Windows systems and MS Office. I have cleaned my temporary files with several cleaners including TFC, restarted my PC and still have the same freezing issue. I am running McAfee Total Protection only for Anti-virus and Firewall. I have been running Malwarebytes just fine for a number of years (both quick and full scans) until the updated version 1.50 was installed today.

Any thing I should do? Many thanks.