how to report an inappropriate post?

ky331

Many forums include a "report this post" button, so users can easily report an inappropriate (or abusive or obscene) post to the moderators, for their consideration, to take appropriate action [i.e., remove that post]... but unless i'm blind, I don't see one here.

I believe the contents of the following post are inappropriate for this forum (and is something "the powers that be" would want to remove as quickly as possible):

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=51195

EDIT: Post finally removed after several hours. Thank you!!

I believe I've sent a private message to Bruce... but I'm not sure if it got through... and I'm not sure what else to do next.

okay, I see where the post in question was indeed noted in the "Suspect Users" thread (before I made my post here)...

but that was HOURS ago, yet the "inappropriate" post still remains.

Moreover, I'm wondering if my calling attention to it here will only result in more people checking it out?!?

It seems to me that there should be a better way to report "bad" posts to an administrator/moderator. This one, while "inappropriate", wont "damage" any individual... but if there were something blatantly offensive, slanderous, or harmful, there should be SOME way of requesting an immediate administrative response.

It seems to me that there should be a better way to report "bad" posts to an administrator/moderator. This one, while "inappropriate", wont "damage" any individual... but if there were something blatantly offensive, slanderous, or harmful, there should be SOME way of requesting an immediate administrative response.

Unfortunately, Moderators can only edit posts; it takes an Administrator to delete them and/or users... And there are only 7 active Admins for the whole shebang. :)

Shy

Just a thought......

I know of other forums that give rights to moderators, (maybe even experts or trusted advisers here), to at least set a post as invisible while the admins have a chance to remove and/or accept the post.

Can that be feasible here?

Post is finally gone! I believe it was S!ri who removed it.

I guess my original info was in error as S!Ri is just a global moderator, not Admin, so I guess some moderators CAN delete posts. I was basing my knowledge on what I was told when I was trying to get one of my first posts here deleted because the money-off coupon I posted for MBAM, at the time, was no longer applicable. I either misunderstood or my memory is full of "old-timers" holes. :blink:

Shy

It has been suggested many times that they re-enable the "Report" feature/button here so posts can be reported properly. Though it has not been re-enabled because it causes "more work for the team".

3.x has a report center which makes things a lot easier. No idea why they've waited all this time to upgrade, but 3.1 is out June 1st so these forums may finally be upgraded then.

• Staff
if a moderator can "edit" a post (but not actually remove it), I assume that means they can edit-out the inappropriate content?
I can delete malicious posts and topics (from most if not all of the subforums), so please PM me if you see inappropriate content. I can, at the very least, remove the inappropriate content, and prevent the spammer from posting again.