Jump to content

ky331

Honorary Members
  • Content Count

    196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About ky331

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

6,420 profile views
  1. MBAE will work with MB Free... (It will also work with MB PREMIUM, if you disable MB's anti-exploit protection, should you have a reason to do so). HOWEVER: Every time you install or update MB's program, it will automatically remove any MBAE installations. Meaning, after updating MB (FREE or PAID), you will have to reinstall MBAE. Hake, while you're here... what's the latest version of MBAE that you consider XP-compatible?
  2. Anti-Exploit only works with files by NAME (e.g., brave.exe), NOT by its path. By protecting brave.exe, you are protecting ALL files of that name, regardless of path, and regardless of whether it's the brave browser, or some other distinct program that shares the same name. So after you enter brave for the "first" browser, mbAE will tell you that it's already been added, when you attempt to enter it for the "second" browser.
  3. MalwareBytes Anti-EXPLOIT 1.12.1.109 is NOT blocking PM 28.0.0.1 (on my 32-bit Win 8.1 system) [as it had been with PM 28.0] So it appears that they fixed it on their end.
  4. Pale Moon Extensions Default Full Zoom Level 5.6.1-signed Encrypted Web 5.1.5 Lazaruns: Form Recovery 2.3.1-signed.1-signed uBlock Origin 1.16.4.4 uBlock Origin Updater 1.6.3 WOT 20131118.1-signed Plug-ins Adobe Flash 30.0.0.154 Intel Identity Protection Technology 4.0.5.0 (Web Component & Updater) ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Security Specs 32-bit Windows 8.1 (fully up-to-date with August 2018 updates), Panda 18.x Free Anti-Virus, Windows Firewall, OpenDNS Family Shield, SpywareBlaster, MVPS HOSTS file, MBAM Free 2.2.1.1043, MBAE Premium 1.12.1.109, WinPatrol PLUS 32.0.2014.5 , Zemana AntiLogger Free 1.8.2.320, CryptoPrevent 7.4.2 (I believe Panda was at 18.1 when I first upgraded to PM 28.0 ; it has since updated itself to 18.6 "Dome") ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I know you'll probably say it's overkill with all that security, but so far as I can tell, everything plays well together. The bottom line: PM 27.9.4 ran fine with all the extensions/add-ons/security cited above... the problems stated when I tried to update PM from 27.9.4 to 28.0.0. I did so using the program's internal updater. When PM wouldn't start, I thought maybe something went wrong, so I downloaded the full-installer and ran it. Again, PM wouldn't start. Disabling MBAE's shielding of PM is what worked for me. And for the time being, that's how I'll keep it on my 8.1 system. P.S. I ran a critical scan for viruses with Panda, and a threat-scan for malware with MBAM, and nothing showed on on either.
  5. No, I haven't. Nor do I intend to pursue this issue any further: PM is currently my "third-choice" browser... I typically use either IE or FF. Moreover, PM is working on my primary system (Win7). I basically started this post as a "heads-up" to others, who I thought might be experiencing this same issue. You've indicated you CAN run PM 28 with the latest MBAE shielding it... so it's clearly not a "universal" (cause and effect) problem. Based on the general lack of response, I think I'm just gonna move on. Thanks for your input.
  6. I know... I've been following their forum and noticed that there too.
  7. Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I have PM installed on two different systems... Win7 and Win8.1... so if I want, I can compare the files on these. On Win7, I'm running MBAM 3 Pro, and had no problem using PaleMoon 28. On win8.1, where I'm running the latest MBAE beta, that's where the problem occurred.
  8. I'm not sure how to determine whether or not mozglue.dll is "corrupted"... but I find it interesting that it's cited as the cause of "similar" problems with launching PaleMoon here: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19955&p=148339#p147846 Moonchild commented (later in that thread): Mozglue.dll "is where the memory allocator lives and what ties most components together. The fact it crashes in that dll most likely means there's a memory inflation issue".
  9. A bit more information (if it helps): With MBAE "protecting" PM, event viewer documents the problem as Faulting application name: palemoon.exe , version: 4.1.4.6793 Faulting module name: mozglue.dll Exception code: 0x80000003 Fault offset: 0x00003686 ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Just wondering: since no one has replied here, is no one else experiencing this issue?
  10. Just tried upgrading to the new PaleMoon v.28, but mbae 1.12.1.109 is blocking the program from fully loading --- it starts to load into memory, but then "drops out" of RAM. When I deactivate the PaleMoon shield in mbae, then PaleMoon runs normally. Using 32-bit Windows 8.1 Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.zip
  11. Malwarebytes new EXTENSION for FIREFOX is blocking Discover (Card/Bank) site as malicious/phishing https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/ac_main moz-extension://38f08724-5bf6-4a9e-be6b-200035170586/redirects/blockedMalware.html?url=https%3A//www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/ac_main&host=www.discovercard.com&category=phishing
  12. I'm still waiting for an official answer to the original question. Given that part of the problem is hardware/firmware related (requiring a BIOS/UEFI update), and part of the problem (to the best of my understanding) is based on the precise exploitation of "timing loops", I would hazard a guess that such vulnerabilities are beyond the scope of what MBAE monitors. I'd be happy to learn I'm wrong about this.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.