Problems with anti-virus software?

Thanks, greyowl.

I know I'm definitely not alone with this bug.

To the MBAM developers:

(just a shot in the dark)

Is it possible that some compiler switch or option has not been disabled or changed (some debug mode maybe) for the final release?

Best regards,

Fran

Just chiming in for a second here, I also only have 512 MB of RAM and Mbam runs perfectly on my system :lol: So I really don't think that the amount of RAM has anything to do with this.

I am not sure what P3-1000 is though.

A PIII at 1GHZ performance vs a P4 at 2.8GHZ performance is like comparing the speed of an elephant to an automobile.

Difference Between Pentium 3 & Pentium 4

The most notable difference between a Pentium 3 and a Pentium 4 processor is the speed.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5530121_difference-between-pentium-pentium.html

The biggest improvement to my XP Pro system was moving up to 1.5GB RAM.

• Root Admin

The only issue I see here in this post is the amount of CPU usage. If you're not scanning and you're not updating then your CPU usage from any of our program files should be 0%

Your usage of RAM will be higher than previous versions and is to be expected as we do more with the program now.

The only issue I see here in this post is the amount of CPU usage. If you're not scanning and you're not updating then your CPU usage from any of our program files should be 0%

Your usage of RAM will be higher than previous versions and is to be expected as we do more with the program now.

Exactly!

I think I've been very clear on this in all my posts on several threads.

There's an abnormal CPU usage that's noticed from many users, with real-time protection.

I remember that we had a problem with 1.43, related to definition file updates and RAM consumption, and not everybody was experiencing that.

We seem to have a similar case of bug that some people get, and others don't.

Please send me a PM with your contact information and I will assist you with some other scanning routines so that we can see if we can track down what might be going on.

Thanks.

I am having a similar problem and wondering if you could also assist me. Thanks

• Root Admin
I am having a similar problem and wondering if you could also assist me. Thanks

You can send me a PM with your contact information and we can run some tests to see what we can find. But it may take a few days as I have many other things going on but will do my best to assist you.