Freezing Computer

Please use the add reply button at the bottom of the page in the future when replying, since it makes the forum easier to read :(

Please check out this thread here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=235949

And also please see here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=167851

Let me know if that does the trick for you!

I am using XP firewall and the freezing happens with the firewall is disabled and enabled..The problem occurs when computer statrs with Malware actine protection ticked. If i disable active protection and enable it after machine starts the is no problem.

Hi -

Several people have found that with VIPRE it is good to set Malwarebytes to start 1 or 2 mins after start up -

This solves the conflict at start up time -

If you are using I.E. 7 then there is a known fault with VIPRE 4 at their end - Please make sure you have at least I.E. 8 installed -

Thank You - :(

I uninstalled Viper 4.0 and reinstalled Viper 3.0 and had same problem..Freezes when Malware loads on startup...When i enable protection module manually everything works fine...Looking at different threads in forum it seems there is a confiict with any Anti Virus programs loading at startup...Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,

Mike

Greetings :(

Please do the following:

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here and save it to your desktop.
    • Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you also need to do the following:
      1. Right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Properties
      2. Click on the Compatibility tab
      3. Under Privilege Level check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
      4. Click on Apply then click OK

[*]Double-click Autoruns.exe to run it.

[*]Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.

[*]Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures

[*]Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.

[*]When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.

[*]Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder

[*]Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

Thanks B)

Hi -

Several people have found that with VIPRE it is good to set Malwarebytes to start 1 or 2 mins after start up -

If you are using I.E. 7 then there is a known fault with VIPRE 4 at their end - Please make sure you have at least I.E. 8 installed -

An old program, but it works great for delaying individual program startup times:

http://www.cottonwoodsw.com/dlyrsumm.html

Hi -

HOW do I setup MBAM to start with a DELAY?

I have ESET SS 4.2.40 with MBAM 1.45 on XP SP3 and have the issue of freeze-up after reboot, 2-3 min into the startup.

-Any help appreciated.

-Alan

Same problme here. Just installed version 1.45, when realtime protection is enabled computer freezes about 2 mins after boot. Running on 10 computers, all Windows XP machines with Service Pack 2, all Running Kaspersky AV version 6. Only 3 machines are having the problem. Other machines are fine.

Is delaying startup of MB the only fix? And if so, why is it only happening on some and not all machines?

Another other ideas?

Also, if you do not wish to install any other software (although I must admit Delayer is a good program :)) you can use the method described in this post.

One of the things I found with Startup Delayer, and similar programs, is that it intercepts Windows' Startup.

I'm also not a huge fan of installing a program, when I can accomplish the same thing by making a few additions to the the program-loading line.

I use WinPatrol as a startup delayer. It's free and doesn't use a lot of system resources.

I use WinPatrol on my XP Pro system to delay MBAM GUI mbamgui.exe

WinPatrol is a good addition for Layered Protection for my systems.

Bryan W

It is important to keep XP systems up to date at SP3.

Please read:

Greetings mdw46 :)

Please do the following:

Disable Autostart Entries Using Autoruns:

Please open Autoruns.exe again and allow it to perform its scan. Once it finishes please proceed with the following:

• Click on the Services tab and click the checkbox on the left side of each of the following so that they are unchecked:

• Diskeeper
    • wwEngineSvc

[*]Once that is complete, restart your computer.

If that does not fix it then open Autoruns again and click the checkboxes next to those 2 entries and reboot.

Then open Autoruns once more and press Esc on your keyboard and click Options and uncheck Hide Microsoft and Windows entries and also make sure that Hide Windows entries is not checked either.

Then press F5 on your keyboard and allow the scan to complete and once it's done, save the new Autoruns.arn file and zip it up and attach it to your next post.