Avira using redirection tactics to there website

Guest APACHE

I agree Buttons.

All should be fair. Hopefully this stops soon...

Does anyone know though, if that is an official Avast! site (the one that APACHE gave the url to). It would seem if it redirects it might not actually be an Avast! url?

Does anyone know though, if that is an official Avast! site (the one that APACHE gave the url to). It would seem if it redirects it might not actually be an Avast! url?

I wondered about that too, which also begs the question - is it really an official Avira site one is being led to?

Methinks Avira is running scared:

Why does www.avast.eu not take me to Avast? Or, Misdirection on the Internet by Vincent Steckler CEO of avast!:

http://blog.avast.com/2010/03/29/why-does-www-avast-eu-take-me-to-the-avira-website%e2%80%a6-or-isn%e2%80%99t-security-built-on-trust/

Methinks Avira is running scared:

Why does www.avast.eu not take me to Avast? Or, Misdirection on the Internet by Vincent Steckler CEO of avast!:

http://blog.avast.com/2010/03/29/why-does-www-avast-eu-take-me-to-the-avira-website%e2%80%a6-or-isn%e2%80%99t-security-built-on-trust/

STOP Bash AVIRA :) , you guys are looking some punishment. I used them both

I have used both Avast and Avira. I even tried to run both at the same tim without problems (freeware versions)

I ended up buying Avira Premium because they are constantly updating their definitions, which Avast did not (1 yr ago)

Avira works well with Malwarebytes, SuperAntSpyware, Winpatrol, Process Explorer (also with Sysinternals version), ZoneAlarm Pro and several other

I don't understand all the fuzz about Avast.

I have used both Avast and Avira. I even tried to run both at the same tim without problems (freeware versions)

I ended up buying Avira Premium because they are constantly updating their definitions, which Avast did not (1 yr ago)

Avira works well with Malwarebytes, SuperAntSpyware, Winpatrol, Process Explorer (also with Sysinternals version), ZoneAlarm Pro and several other

I don't understand all the fuzz about Avast.

I've seen good things with avira. After replacing MSE with avira it was starting up quite faster. Although I perfer MSE as it's done a good job. Good detection rate and fast scans compared to MSE. Overall a very good choice. Avast seems to be gaining in popularity possibly due to it's behavioral shield, and other new features to 5.0. However I wouldn't recommend avast due to the problems with the new 5.0 that I've had.

The problems with MBAM and avast! V5 have all been cleared up.

I am running avast! V5.0.462 right now.

I just tried it a week ago and had the same problems. Not sure what the deal is, but if it doesn't work for me then I won't really recommend it. Avast is very good, but still seems to have bugs as far as I'm concerned. MSE is my new favorite, as it's pretty good.

Ola centralkong!

You have quite a lot of protection. Is comodo anti-virus running in real-time alongside avast? If so running more then one in real-time can conflict. I highly recommend only keeping one anti-virus(active or on demand).

P.S. That's pretty much all the Spanish I know. :)

Just telling: it's "hola" with "h" :)

Comodo AV? Hell not xD, only the Firewall and Defense+ are running alongside avast!.

And about AV conflicting, I saw it with my very own eyes - avast! and MSE do not play well together.

MSE swallows up all RAM available, and its minifilter drivers seem to conflict with the OS (frequent lock-ups) and CIS (running applications list gets screwed up).

EDIT: Did I say "OS"? Oh, maybe not, it might be avast! and CIS kernel hooks :S.

Also edited my signature, the product's real name is "Comodo Firewall Pro", not CIS itself. (CIS is firewall + Defense+ + AV)

Yeah, I couldn't remember, just following the spell checker with Opera. :) Good thing your not using comodo av, it's horrible! You might as well have no anti-virus at all! Not worth a bag of beans if all I care. MSE is 99% better. :)

P.S. I think you just got the award for most protection! I've never seen someone's arsenal that large. :) I think it just seems a lot, probably because of all the browser effects(add-ons immunization ect).

Buttons the problem is Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.

When I purchased my system that was capable of running Vista I read all the reviews about Vista and decided that Windows 7 64bit was the way to go as my system was capable of running it.

I would never use anything from Comodo