New Laptop & Malwarebytes Installation

I have the paid version of MBAM on an older Desktop, running WXP. I purchased a new Laptop with W7 and 64 bit.

I have completely removed the paid version from the Desktop and installed it on the Laptop, but it will not accept the ID and Key so I can run the full protection. I have the paid version of SAS running on the Desktop and will leave it that way, and install the free version of Malwaerbytes', and install the free versionof SAS on this Laptop, if I can get MBAM paid to work on this Laptop. Any ideas?? I should be able to switch computers with a lifetime license yes??

Yes you should be able to transfer the license from one computer to another.

1. Did you follow the uninstall instructions like the ones listed below?

2. Are you sure you are using the correct license information?

Uninstall Procedures:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe (on your new Laptop)

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

OK, I just got back from town and tried it again. I went step by step as you suggested, and I am still getting the same thing. MBAM downloads fine, and it updates to Database 3825 also have an icon on the Desktop and one on the Quick launch. When I feed in the ID and Key (Copy and Paste) I get a popup telling me the "ID or Key is invalid"?

One other thing, I am running MSE and Windows Firewall, while waiting for OA 64 bit and Avast to get their 64 bit problems fixed.

Going to try a scan if it will and will post it.

Have you ever considered dropping spywareguard? It' pretty much useless as the last update was in January of 2004. Spywareblaster probably does a better job even without the real-time protection.

That info. is for the other computer, not this laptop. I do have SpywareBlaster on this laptop, but not SpywareGuard.

I just removed that info.

Here is a post of a quick scan.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44

Database version: 3825

Windows 6.1.7600

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

3/4/2010 6:51:42 PM

mbam-log-2010-03-04 (18-51-42).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 102326

Time elapsed: 2 minute(s), 19 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

I know it sounds obvious, but are you absolutely sure that you are entering the correct ID and Key?

Your ID and Key should be in this format.

ID = 5 Characters.

Key = 4 lots of 4 characters separared by three hyphens.

ID: XXXXX

Key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Is your ID and Key in EXACTLY that format?

If you are sure you are entering the correct ID and Key, it may be best to contact MBAM support here: support@malwarebytes.org

If you followed the instructions correctly and it still does not work, you will have to check and make sure your key information is correct by following the below instructions:

You should contact Cleverbridge, their contact info can be found here. Give them your contact info you used to buy MBAM and they can resend you your key and then you can compare them to make sure you have them correct.

If you need anything else just post.

Thanks B)

• Root Admin

Actually newer keys have a little different format but same principle idea. I would copy it from your email into NOTEPAD first.

Then verify there are no spaces before or after the ID or KEY

Then from Notepad copy and paste each one into the registration fields and it should register the program.

I know it sounds obvious, but are you absolutely sure that you are entering the correct ID and Key?

Your ID and Key should be in this format.

ID = 5 Characters.

Key = 4 lots of 4 characters separared by three hyphens.

ID: XXXXX

Key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Is your ID and Key in EXACTLY that format?

If you are sure you are entering the correct ID and Key, it may be best to contact MBAM support here: support@malwarebytes.org

Glad you posted that, mine is not like you say it should be, and I have had this ID and Key since Nov. 20th 2008 with a Lifetime license.

I have a 4 digit ID and a 32 digit Key with numbers and letters. Strange that it worked on my WXP Desktop. So now what kind of crap do I have to go through???

This don't answer my question, why did it work on my WXP Machine?

Where is Marcin at?

I had a chance to get a free license at COU a couple months ago, but i had one so took something else, guess i should have taken it.

Well guess I will go pull up my email and find out if my ID and Key have changed in the past few minutes.