Version 1.11

• Root Admin

I was running version 1.10 (was a clean install with no previous install) Windows XP Home w/SP2

Manually ran the update, it downloaded the new 1.11 and told me it needed to restart MB

It shut down MB 1.10, did the update, then launched the Database updater portion but the main program never reloaded.

I had to manually go launch the program again.

Hi Marcin Hi all,

updated MBAM to ver. 1.11 via internal updater, no issues to reports.

Laptop running XP home SP2 (NTFS) + Avira AntiVir PREMIUM + ZA PRO + a-Squared Antimalware 3.1 + SpyBot S & Destroy 1.4 + Rogueremover free.

Lapotop running XP home SP2 (FAT 32) + Mc Afee VirusScan Plus 2008 + a-Squared Antimalware 3.1 + Rogueremover free

Desktop PC running XP PRO SP 2 + KAV 7 + Za PRO + SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.4 + SpywareBlaster 4.0 + Rogueremover free

many thanks :P

MBAM 1.11 running fine here. No FP's or infections.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11

Database version: 604

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 104947

Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 24 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I do have a question though.

Curious if MBAM protect's against the botnet Kraken? Or other Bot's?

Also, is there a list somewhere of everything that MBAM detects and removes?

I add everything that I can find , the only thing MBAM does not do is unpatch files . I will be adding more bot defs later today .

As for a list , we need more people working on this project before something like that will happen , sorry . The # of hours in the day just dont allow it , for now .

I don't think the scheduled quick scan is working. I have set for update check and quick scan at 10 AM. I see the update box flash but the scan never runs. I have no logs for it. Would it scan and not log or show any scan activity? Sorry if this has already been addressed.

• Root Admin

Well same results on a new install of 1.10 and then an update check that downloads 1.11

All works well, but after the last definition update the program does not launch again.

I was in the program and ran the update manually (free version, not using my key) and so I would expect that when it's done it would reload the program back basically to where I was since I was going to do a scan. Not a big issue, but something I think would be better for most home users if it relaunched the program back to where it was.

Should I be able to update defs under Vista limited user account? I have MBAM in Vista laptop and when I tried to update it I got a prompt about update from 603 to 603 being successful :P btw. I do have screenshot, however that file is in the laptop and that laptop is currently at my work (and I'm at home) so I can only post it tomorrow.

When I ran the update as administrator, it was working normally.

Should I be able to update defs under Vista limited user account? I have MBAM in Vista laptop and when I tried to update it I got a prompt about update from 603 to 603 being successful :P btw. I do have screenshot, however that file is in the laptop and that laptop is currently at my work (and I'm at home) so I can only post it tomorrow.

When I ran the update as administrator, it was working normally.

603? Somethings not right there.

Heres what I have.

post-1479-1208377259_thumb.png

post-1479-1208377259_thumb.png

• Root Admin

The program fails to update under limited user. The program needs to be running with administrator privileges. This can be fixed multiple ways.

1. Run the program as an administrator (no need to log-in, just run as administrator option)

2. Purchase the product. The protection module always runs as administrator and can bypass UAC.

603 was the previous def version, I do use that laptop every day but I do not update MBAM every day.

Like I said, when I logged in as admin and ran the updater it worked.

@Ducky: okay.

• Root Admin

Marcin,

Very minor update issue.

I did a manual update from within MB version 1.08 to 1.11 all went well. Only noticed problems were the one I've already reported (I think the program should relaunch after the update so the program can be used).

The new issue was that it did not update the desktop icon until after a reboot. Doing an F5 on the desktop did not update either.

As said, very minor but still an issue.

Possibly 2 issues definitely 1.

I have posted this before. The quick scan doesn't run after auto update. There has been no scan run since 4/22/08 and I did see the update run today. I'm sure it did yesterday too but I was at work so didn't see it.

Today update ran but I'm not sure it actually updated at 10 am, I did a manual update just now at 1:54 MDT and the defs were updated to 677. There are no scan logs between 4/22 and today and I haven't ran a manual scan since then either so I know it's not doing the auto scan scheduled with auto update.

Jean, have you tried running CCleaner / Windows Disk Cleaner to clear out your temp files and various sundry unneeded files prior to running MBAM? I noticed that, mos times when my times increased, I could get back to a nice low time by cleaning those out (particularly %TEMP% related folders)....

@Marcin - if the computer is Vista 32bit, does a user have to be *logged in* in order for the protection module to update at a given time? I have my parent's computer which has MBAM installed with the update set for 4 AM and scan set for 5 AM, and I can understand seeing no record of the scan, given you are focusing on detection, protection and removal, but shouldn't the databases be updating? Every day I come home to this machine it is at the same database version I left it at the night before....

I just ran CCleaner the other day, it is not Vista. This s something that quit with 1.11. The auto update did work, as far as the window opening, but I wasn't sure whether or not there had been another DB update after that and when I did a manual update. This time I am sure there was no update or auto scan as it should.

Are there any errors in the Event log. Can you try unchecking and then rechecking and resetting the time in the settings of the Protection Module?

No errors for MBAM. I checked settings and the scan box was unchecked. So I checked it again and set the times to something else and then reset to 10 AM today I got no update or scan. I did a manual update and the usual quick scan after. I was running Second Life during the scan and it is resource heavy, but I have done this before with a slightly longer scan time. Today, I actually closed out SL to get the scan finished.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11

Database version: 720

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 32403

Time elapsed: 34 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mchInjDrv (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

================================================================================

====================================

Windows folder: C:\WINDOWS

System folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32

Root drive: C:

Program Files: C:\Program Files

Common Files: C:\Program Files\Common Files

Desktop: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop

Start Menu: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Start Menu

Start Menu: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu

Start Menu: C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Start Menu

Start Menu: C:\Documents and Settings\Jean xxxx\Start Menu

Start Menu: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu

User Root: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile

Favorite: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Favorites

Favorite: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites

Favorite: C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Favorites

Favorite: C:\Documents and Settings\Jean xxxx\Favorites

Application Data: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data

Application Data: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Application Data: C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data

Application Data: C:\Documents and Settings\Jean xxx\Application Data

Application Data: C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data

Application Data: C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data

Application Data: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data

Quick Launch: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Quick Launch: C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Quick Launch: C:\Documents and Settings\Jean Dahl\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Temporary Folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Administrator\LOCALS~1\Temp

Temporary Folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Default User\LOCALS~1\Temp

Temporary Folder: C:\DOCUME~1\Jean xxxx\LOCALS~1\Temp

Temporary Folder: C:\DOCUME~1\LocalService\LOCALS~1\Temp

Temporary Folder: C:\DOCUME~1\NetworkService\LOCALS~1\Temp

Temporary Folder: C:\WINDOWS\Temp

I'm fairly sure I have no infection. The other thing is it didn't save the scan log in the program, and it didn't take anything to quarantine. I get no option to move to quarantine, only to remove. I don't get it. When I see the logs in the HJT forum all items are moved to quarantine. I also have it checked t auto save and show the log and that failed also.

Do you think the program has been totally corrupted somehow and I just need to reinstall? I have only had bugs in the beta stages with MBAM I just don't know what's up now. :angry: