New MBAM Icon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say do not like it. It isn't serious enough, I guess is the best way to say how it impacts me with first look. A bit cartoonish. I really like the looks of the tray icon now. Not sure why you want to change that. The cougar is well associated with the site and the program IMO. Kind of like Scotty and WinPatrol, I was among those asking for the old icon there too. :)

AN idea (for either icon as I actually kinda like the proposed replacement icon)

How about having some graphic artiste inserting the word "Malware" inside the icon's mouth (whether it be a revamped feline snarling or the new proposed icon)?

That would make it a bit better, IMO.

The symbol of lion stands for the king of the animals which eats up every malware, so what is wrong with this icon?

The "Pacman"-Icon is nice, but it's not impressive for a serious anti-malware program. Everybody would think it's a new game...

• Staff

I'd have to go with the majority on this one, it looks to be totally off the mark as it does not represent anything remotely suggestive to security. Looks more like a vid game icon than anything else.

While the quality may well be good, I don't think it fits any theme that one could relate to on a malware level.

I asked a few people and have agreed that this will be a much better icon. Please have an open mind ...

post-1-1205531372_thumb.png

Well between the two I would go for the second one. a bit better for a security app. The first one was a nice icon, just not really fit for MBAM I think.

Still like the idea of a front view instead of a side view of some sort of vicious animal growling though. (with a little color)