New MBAM Icon

I asked a few people and have agreed that this will be a much better icon. Please have an open mind ...

post-1-1205531372_thumb.png

That's interesting. I like the fact that it's high quality, but I haven't quite decided if I like it as an icon for MBAM... Of course, at the same time, I have no ideas that are better...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

This one is a step in the right direction for sure. The globe fits more along the line of the product, meaning a couple of things, your product is global, especially since you seem to have found enough people to translate stuff into every single language on the planet, and of course the 'global' aspect of the system cleaning the tool does.

I'm not sure about the jaws\teeth thing tho, IMHO, it still appears gamish. I'm just not sure what would go with the global theme.

How about instead of having teeth, perhaps an overlay of a scanner, with the sweeping motion passing over the globe? Just another option.

I'm all for keeping an open mind, but I think you need to give the logo a more 'professional' look. All the other graphics on the app look great.

You need to keep in mind that the logo is going to be the very first thing people see, so it needs to scream what the app is and catch peoples eyes. It may catch eyes now, but I don't think it does your software justice.

The globe looks great and all but as your software grows, you may want more serious side. I threw an example in for kicks but either way, the globe with teeth is alright. I don't know if MBAM will be taken as serious with that icon or not, depends.

mbam2.png

Of course the app speaks for itself though, if it's good, likely no one will care if the icon is serious or not. In my opinion only, as MB grows, or anyone who creates software, you need to come up with a theme that works for all your software, can be different but at the same time, link back to a definite theme at MB. I don't know if I explained that correctly or not.

Cheers,

Paul

• Staff

You did, unfortunately nobody came forward with an icon and I had to spend a large sum to get an icon. So ... I am not wasting that money lol.
That being the case, you need to direct the artist to what you want. If the logo you presented was in the range of your description, then fine, if not they need to try again. Altho, regardless, I'd suggest you direct them to give it another go, unless you really like the teeth icon, after all it is your tool, lol.

Yer the second globe and the square are better then the first although i seriously have no problem with the current one. The more professional it looks the better. My personal favorite icons are those of Trustware, Eset,Counterspy and the old Cyberhawk. Im glad your involving your users in the pick of an icon, somethingh Nick (SAS) should have done long ago. Silly cheapo bugger ( tray icon).