Lost files

pbridges1

• Root Admin

If it is very critical then you should seek professional assistance. Playing around with software on your own might be able to recover it but it also might make it difficult for someone else to recover if you can't do it on your own.

Have you enabled hidden files and folders and searched all other user profiles for the program and data?

• Root Admin

I would suggest against it. It really is not a very advanced tool for that and again, the more you mess with recovery the more chance you have of losing it for good if you're not careful.

Try to find it after un-hiding your file and folder settings and checking all of the hard drive.

If it is very critical then you should seek professional assistance. Playing around with software on your own might be able to recover it but it also might make it difficult for someone else to recover if you can't do it on your own.

Have you enabled hidden files and folders and searched all other user profiles for the program and data?

The files are found on My Computer, Add/Change Programs. How do I access them?

If I am not mistaken, Turbo Tax saves your data files in the My Documents folder under a folder called TurboTax or Tax or Taxes..... Have you looked in there? The file will use this type of name format: *.tax2008 (* being the name of your tax file).

The file is there, but the folder is empty. I got a very nasty bug last year. I think it ate my 2007 and 2008 files. I can not find my hard copy of the form.

I called IRS and ordered a free transcript of my 2008 tax form. If that doesn't work I will order a copy.

Thank every one for your suggestions.