MBAM Pro Hangs on various files

I removed and re-installed the program, via mbam_clean. No help. These scans were on different days, not just one right after the other. To start with, before I re-installed the program, I think on Quick Scan, if that matters, it stopped at:

(3884)C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\SSubtmr6.dll

then on a Full Scan it stopped at:

(3932)C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

then on Quick Scan:

(3228)C:\Windows\system\32\advpack.dll

Then I un-installed and re-installed the program, on Full Scan it stopped at:

(3668)C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll

on Quick Scan:

(3668)C:Program Files\AlwilSoftware\AVAST4\Ah.lsctNs.dll

Just now again on Quick Scan it stopped at:

(644)C:\WINDOWS\system32\msi.dll

I did run the full system AVAST scan and nothing turned up - 0 problems/infections.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this.

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 32 bit versions Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Please post back and let us know how it went.

I will try that but like I said we have many computers running MBAM Pro & Avast with no issues so I'm still looking for suggestions.

Im using also Avast and MBAM with no issue scanning. Without setting up the exclusion in Avast.

My Avast is Home.

You should w8 other geeks here.

Please run a Disk Check on your C: drive:

• Click Start and open My Computer
  • Right-click on C: and select Properties
  • Click on the Tools tab
  • Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button
  • Mark the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors
  • When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and restart your computer

Once the disk check completes after a reboot, go ahead and try scanning again to see if it works this time. If it does not then proceed with the following to see if it corrects it:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start Orb vista-7-start.png and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Hi ctJosh, I have the exact same problem.

It started with the update to version 1.43, I also have Avast and have never had this problem before.

The files it hangs on are similar to the ones that you describe. Always within the first 45 seconds of the scan, and often much sooner.

I've done the exact things that you've already done. But not the suggestions in this last post.

So...

I'll follow your post and see what works for you, haha.

Thanks, and don't forget to report back. If I try it, I'll let you know as well.

Does anyone know how long the disc check should take? I chickened out when it wanted me to restart my computer to do it. I figured it might take a long time, and maybe be impossible to stop in the middle.

Thanks - I've used mbam, paid version, for a few years now, and this is my first problem. And it came from nowhere.

The time a disk check takes can vary depending on your operating system and the size of the drive as well as the amount of data on the drive and if/how much disk corruption it needs to repair, going anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more. In Windows XP it is generally fairly quick, usually requiring only a few minutes but in Vista and Windows 7 it can take a half hour or more in my experience.

I have no problem with MBAM Pro and avast! on Windows 7

MBAM is set to start check at 5:00am followed by Quick scan

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44

Database version: 3601

Windows 6.1.7600

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

1/20/2010 5:06:58 AM

mbam-log-2010-01-20 (05-06-58).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 91105

Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 54 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

On my XP Pro system the Quick scan takes a little over 6 minutes.

It would help if the posters include the system specifications like in my signature and exile360's

This can be done by accessing My Controls then > Edit Signature