runtime error 383

Every time I update the program using the updater (not the definitions) I get a new runtime error and have to clean install.

Or, like this time, MB seems to be working (icon in the system tray) yet when I try and scan a folder/file or open the GUI there is ANOTHER runtime error. This time it's...

Run-time error '383'

'Text' property is read-only

What is the point of an anti-malware that is so unreliable?

Well, Run-time error 383 means "Property Set can't be used with a read-only property", so I'm going to have to assume that something else is interfering with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware here.

Please add the following file to the exclusions list in your anti-virus software:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

• Root Admin

The issue is a lot more complex due to how Malware infects your system in the first place. Your Anti-Virus and Firewall and depending on what other security software you run, also need to be told to allow MBAM to run and do it's job otherwise you will continue to have such issues.

What operating system are you running and what Anti-Virus and other security software are you running? Is Windows a clean install or an upgrade from a previous Windows version installation?

• Root Admin

Well unfortunately we do not have a walk through article on Avast or Online Armor but I do know that Online Armor has blocked MBAM many times for users. The problem though is that once it's blocked it you often now end up with a partial update and/or corrupted installation of MBAM.

For Avast it's difficult to tell as we've seen some users claim they need exclusions setup and others that say they've not needed them. The best advice I can give for that is to review the other AV program exclusions in the FAQ and as best as possible attempt to duplicate them in Avast and Online Armor.

McAfee: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...&pid=162098

Trend: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...&pid=162099

AVG: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...&pid=167851

Each AV is different, but the general idea is to find where and how the AV is blocking and add an exclusion so that the update is never even temporarily blocked as even that temporary block can affect the overall update which may be why you're needing to do the clean removal.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

sorry to bump into existing topic, but I didn't want to start something new on this error code.

Runtime error 383 => "Property Set can't be used with a read-only property"

This also happens when users delete some language files, they think some files are unneeded, and simply go to the languages folder and keep only one. ;)

I was a bit surprised, and tried it. The message immediately appeared. I told the users not to touch MBAM's files, of course.

• 1 year later...

Please help me as soon as possible. I use your product for many years now, i updated as asked to 1.60 version today and i get this error for the fist time. I strongly believe it has to do with the greek language file i used to till today and is not included in your new version. I use windows xp sp3. Thanks